There is no greater love than chocolates and ice creams when we are young.This is much to the worry of our parents, who want to restrict this sweet treat, to once a week or month, so that our teeth stay strong.Ice creams are great way to enjoy the goodness of dairy and chocolate ice cream is great to uplift mood, even when we have moved on from childhood.You can play around with this ice cream according to your tastes.Add nuts,sprinkles,berries,garnish with whipped cream, top it with extra hot chocolate ganache like a hot chocolate sundae,serve it with vanilla ice cream or just eat it the way it is in a cup or cone or a waffle. U scream I scream Ice cream!!!
Scroll below to read the chocolate ice cream:
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Blend sugar,cocoa powder and milk in a blender untill smooth.
- Add cream, mix well.
- Chill mixture, covered, at least 2 hours, or until cold.
- Pour the preparation into an ice-cream maker and churn until firm.
- Transfer ice-cream to a pre-chilled mould, cover with plastic wrap and a lid and store in the refrigerator
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, place the mix in a stainless steel bowl and place in the freezer.
- Allow it to set a little (this may take about 1 hour), then whisk it for about 10 seconds. Return it to the freezer to set a little more, then whisk again to give it extra lightness and to stop large ice crystals forming.
- Light cream is 18-30% milk fat, Heavy cream is >36% milk fat.If you use heavy cream , then you may use 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup milk.