Banana is a fruit easily available in most parts of the world.Probably the greatest source of natural sugar.Furthermore,it is a powerhouse of potassium,vitamin B6,manganese and fiber.However,the challenge is overripe bananas.They ripen fast and pulpy.Finally, spots show up on its skin.Kids hate to eat soft ones.However,you can make a delicious goodies instead of throwing it.
Eggless Banana walnut cake is the alternative to commercially made cakes.Hence,you also avoid preservatives.This is just recipe for you if you like to have some cake or bread with tea,.
Some people are allergic to yeast or eggs.Usually whites are glazed on bread, to give it a beautiful finish.They may experience flatulence,bloating or gastric trouble.Yes,with this recipe can still enjoy cakes.Make them on the weekend.
Home-baking definitely gives us an advantage.You can tweak recipes according to your health constraints and still enjoy life.
As a result, you get a non-commercial healthy cake.Also, it has no other chemicals which are added to increase the shelf-life.hence healthier.You can also pour the batter into muffin cups. After all,it is easy to carry the muffin.
To watch the Eggless Banana Walnut Cake video click on the below link
Scroll below to read the written recipe for Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
- 1 ¼ cup self raising flour
- 1 ¼ cup atta or wholemeal flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium size banana
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp butter
- Walnuts for garnish
- 2 tbsp butter for brushing on the top
- In a bowl,mix both the flours and sift well.
- Add baking soda,baking powder and vanilla essence to it to form a mix.
- In a food processor,add the bananas with milk,sugar.Blend it till it forms a homogeneous mixture.
- Now,add this liquid mix to dry ingredients and melted butter.
- Mix well with a spatula so that it forms a gooey dough
- Pour the dough in the loaf tin.Garnish with chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 mins.
- Bake the dough for 40 mins at 180 degrees celsius until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- milk+banana blended solution should be equal to 1 ½ cups