Semolina pudding or ‘sooji halwa’ is a common traditional dessert from South Asia. It is prepared with easily available ingredients, all round the year. This is a classic recipe,and is generally prepared for any ‘pooja‘ or holy prayers,gatherings.Semolina, along with addition of strawberries that add in interesting flavor to the recipe.Indian strawberry semolina pudding is little sweet and tangy, so you may choose to alter the quantity of sugar and strawberries as per your taste.
To read the recipe Indian strawberry semolina pudding scroll below:
- • ½ cup semolina
- • ½ cup butter or ¼ cup ghee
- • ¾ cup water
- • ½ cup strawberries
- • ¼ cup coconut sugar (or palm sugar)
- • 1 tbsp. stevia(optional, substitute with 2 tbsp. coconut sugar)
- • 8-10 almonds, finely chopped
- Puree the strawberries in a blender, keep them aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the semolina for 5-10 minutes on a slow flame. Keep this aside.
- Heat butter/ghee in a pan
- Add the roasted semolina to it and roast on a slow flame for 2 minutes
- Add the sugar, water and strawberry puree.
- Keep stirring and let it simmer for a few minutes, until the water is fully absorbed.
- Turn off the heat
- Garnish with dry almonds
Click here to see more dessert recipes
Click here to see more recipe videos