‘Boondi laddoo‘ is the most popular sweet in India and it is a favorite with everyone but very few people know of ‘Kale boondi ke laddoo‘which is very common at Jodhpur.’Kale boondi ke laddoo’ is slightly dark in color but it just wins hands down on the flavor. It is very tasty and has a very nutty flavor.The color for this ‘laddoo’ comes by adding a bit of milk to the besan batter instead of saffron or orange color.So make these ‘laddoos’ the next time for a ‘pooja‘ or gathering and win the people over.Be it ‘prasad‘ at temples or weddings, you will find ‘boondi laddoo‘ everywhere.It is a favorite sweet of Lord Ganesha the remover of obstacles, who is worshiped before each ‘yagya‘ or ‘pooja‘.[adrotate banner=”1″]
‘Motichur ke laddoo’ has always been associated with weddings and the famous saying ‘shadi to motichur ka laddoo hai,jo khaye pachtaye jo na khaye wo bhi pachtaye‘ itself shows how people associate wedded life with this tempting ‘laddoo‘.Children love it and so do the elders who have a problem to chew.It is very easy to make all you need is a skillet with small holes to make that ‘boondi‘.The smaller the hole,the finer the ‘boondi‘.You do not need too many milk products for this sweet, just some gram flour or ‘besan‘ and bit of milk,sugar syrup to make this sweet.
Get the recipe of Kale Boondi ke Laddoo:
- 1 cup besan or gram flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1-½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cardamoms crushed
- Oil for frying (clarified butter or ghee can also be used)
- Put the water to boil and add sugar to it along with crushed cardamoms.
- Let it boil till it forms a ½ string sugar syrup(“½ taar chashni”)
- Add milk to besan and mix well with spatula till you get the flowing consistency.
- Heat the oil in small pan or 'kadai'
- Pour 2 spoonful besan mixture over the ladle and let it drop on hot oil and fry it.
- Fry the boondi and remove it from oil.
- Wash the ladle and pat it dry.
- Continue the process with the besan mixture and fry the boondi till you get enough to make laddoos.
- Once all the boondi is fried,add it to sugar syrup and let it cool down a bit.
- Mould it into small balls while its still warm.
- Garnish it with sliced pistachios,edible silver varq and serve.