What would summer be without a big tub of ice cream? It’s not even worth considering.. What is worth considering is the fact of making it yourself or rather than getting it from the store. What say?Sugar-free blue berry ice cream can be made at home and it tastes just like those tubs from the market.
Yeah!! Healthy yet creamy!Its true these days in the mind of all moms’ there is a constant worry on what my child is eating? Whether working or at home.. they all constantly wish junk stays far away..
Ever read the ingredients from the back of an ice cream pack ? Here is one such instance.
Our gorgeous sugar-free blueberry ice cream tastes SO MUCH BETTER than store bought fat-free ice cream. The only special equipment you need is an ice cream maker. This creamy blue-berry ice cream will be on your table in less than 5 minutes and requires only 3 ingredients!
How to make Sugar-free blueberry ice cream?
- 2 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup blueberry
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 2 tsp stevia
- pinc salt
- 2 tbsp water
- In a saucepan bring blueberries, erythritol, and salt to a boil over moderate heat, mashing berries and stirring with a fork.
- Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, 5 minutes and cool slightly.
- Add stevia,In a blender purée mixture untill smooth.
- Pour purée through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids with back of a spoon.
- Add milk and cream, mix well.
- Chill mixture, covered, at least 2 hours, or until cold.
- Pour the preparation into an ice-cream maker and churn until firm.
- Transfer ice-cream to a pre-chilled mould, cover with plastic wrap and a lid and store in the refrigerator
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, place the mix in a stainless steel bowl and place in the freezer.
- Allow it to set a little (this may take about 1 hour), then whisk it for about 10 seconds. Return it to the freezer to set a little more, then whisk again to give it extra lightness and to stop large ice crystals forming.
- To make the ice cream with natural sugar, substitute erythritol and stevia with 3/4 cup sugar.