Tiramisu……I love u!!!!You pick me up when I am down.You wake me up,when I am out! If mid week blues is your question,tiramisu cake is your answer.If love was food,it surely would be Tiramisu cake.Perfect recipe to cheer you up on a boring Monday morning,just before you head to work,pick me up cake after a long session, Wednesday evening.This dessert hardly disappoints.One bite and the world is such a brighter happier place!
Chocolate and strawberries are just the answer when you are staring at some questions in your life,which you alone can answer!!If you know what I m talking about, you will know why this dessert is a perfect stress reliever and therapy just before you start with your daily chores and head back to your mundane work after a tea break!
This recipe is also a good to use all those leftover cakes or cakes that have not turned out well.
Scroll below to read the recipe of Tiramisu cake:
- 1 ¾ cup of sifted common flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups sponge cake slices
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Sugar free chocolate for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
- Beat the egg yolks over boiling water,add cheese,sour cream,erythritol,stevia to egg yolks and mix well with a hand mixer
- Add coffee powder to cup of warm water, add cake slices and let it get moist.
- Arrange half of cake slices in a spring form tin. Add half of the cheese mix over cake slices. Repeat this process once more.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on the cake using a sieve. Allow to cool in a refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and strawberry slices.