'Amla Chywanprash' or gooseberry relish is a popular digestive.It is also powerhouse of vitamins.Honey,spice mix and Indian gooseberries make it healthy.
Traditionally, elders recommend eating a spoonful twice a day especially in winter.
Ayurveda also recommends it as dietary supplement to boost immunity.It also provides necessary Vitamin C supplement.
Get a gooseberry kick by adding spices like cardamom,fennel,pepper,cinnamon and saffron.
Benefits of adding spices to relish:
Fennel improves digestion while cardamom combats nausea.
Cinnamon reduces blood sugar levels and also reduces heart disease.
Black pepper helps weight loss while saffron improves skin & blood cells.
What makes this recipe Amla Chywanprash extraordinary?
- Organic,homemade and has no preservatives.
- Adjusting the sugar and jaggery is possible and hence you can customize according to your needs.
- Commercial chywanprash has huge amounts of sugar in it because it is used as a preservative and relish is easier to market to all age groups.However,sugar does remove the health benefits.
- Jaggery first of all increases the heat in the body,improves iron content and yet has amazing mineral and immunity benefits.
- It also prevents cold,purifies blood,aids digestion and detoxes the liver.
You may need to store this in a refrigerator especially in tropical regions because it has no preservatives are added.
Hence it requires cool temperature naturally.
Scroll below to read the Amla Chywanprash recipe