'Amla Chywanprash' or gooseberry relish is a popular digestive.It is also powerhouse of vitamins.Honey,spice mix and Indian gooseberries make it healthy.Best chywanprash is the homemade chyawanprash.As it is without preservatives and can be made in small batches.You can also make them from frozen gooseberries.
Traditionally, elders recommend eating a spoonful twice a day especially in winter.
Ayurveda also recommends it as dietary supplement to boost immunity.It also provides necessary Vitamin C supplement.
Get a gooseberry kick by adding spices like cardamom,fennel,pepper,cinnamon and saffron.
What is Chyawanprash used for?
Detox and used to increase immunity.
Fennel improves digestion while cardamom combats nausea.
Cinnamon reduces blood sugar levels and also reduces heart disease.
Black pepper helps weight loss while saffron improves skin & blood cells.
What makes this recipe Amla Chywanprash extraordinary?
- Organic,homemade and has no preservatives.
- Adjusting the sugar and jaggery is possible and hence you can customize according to your needs.
- Commercial chywanprash has huge amounts of sugar in it because it is used as a preservative and relish is easier to market to all age groups.However,sugar does remove the health benefits.
- Jaggery first of all increases the heat in the body,improves iron content and yet has amazing mineral and immunity benefits.
- It also prevents cold,purifies blood,aids digestion and detoxes the liver.
You may need to store this in a refrigerator especially in tropical regions because it has no preservatives are added.
Hence it requires cool temperature naturally.
Chywanprash ingredients and steps
Scroll below to read the Amla Chywanprash recipe