Baking gets the best out of the rest.Baked fish with vegetables, is a dish for all days.Fish and chips is such a pass.Hence,bake your heart out with the best of seafood and the choicest of veggies.Oven baked fish recipes are a great save for an easy supper.Showcase your skills at a family dinner or a special romantic home dinner date.Both Greek and Mediterranean cuisines have fish with vegetables recipes.
What vegetables go with fish?
Play the field with onions,tomatoes,carrots,zucchinis,peppers,olives.You can also add eggplants and asparagus.
Add a few more of your choice making them the best side role with the star attraction- the humble fish.Fish and vegetables has best of both worlds.This dish has veggie nutrition combined with the antioxidants in fish thus making it a complete meal.
You can use fish such as tuna, salmon, halibut,bonito and swordfish.It needs a fish whose texture is firm.Grill directly on the grate.
More delicate fish, such as tilapia, sole, and flounder, fare better when grilled in a foil packet or grill basket.
Great way to have a boost of Vitamin E and omega 3 fatty acids without eating a pill.
This is a simple recipe for baked fish with minimal spices.It allows you to get the flavor from the fish and the vegetables.
What do you eat with baked fish?
Potatoes,pasta salads and quinoa all go well with baked fish.
Scroll below to read the recipe of baked fish with vegetables
Baked fish with vegetables
- 1 whole fish scaled and cleaned
- Mix veggies
- Dutch carrots/Carrot sliced
- 3-4 regular tomatoes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ zucchini sliced
- 1 onion quartered
- ½ green pepper
- parsley/coriander leaves for garnish
- Sweet paprika 2 tablespoon/Chilli powder(1 tablespoon/adjust as per taste)
- 2 tablespoon garlic garlic paste
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the ginger garlic paste with 2 tablespoon olive oil,1 tablespoon lemon juice salt and paprika.
- Make 3-4 diagonal slices about ½-inch deep on each side of the fish.
- Salt and apply oil on the fish generously.
- Season the inside of the fish with spice mix.
- Toss the vegetables in the remaining spice mix
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil and make a bed of vegetables except the tomatoes
- Arrange the fish on top with tomatoes.Season with salt and pepper
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake until the fish is just cooked through, about 10-15 more minutes.
- Once cooked, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon juice before serving.
Looking for more fish recipes?
- Easy fish curry
- Bengali fish curry
- Vegan fish curry /Sindhi Aani basar
- Serve a pan-seared fish fillet with roasted veggies
Click here to read additional fish recipes.
Also, click here to see recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".