Bhindi basar patata-okra, onions & potato curry is one of the simplest recipes.It is spicy tasty and yet very easy to cook.Sindhi style bhindi aloo which wins your heart each time.
You need minimum ingredients and get maximum taste out of this yummy combination.You can make it with both frozen and fresh okra.Sindhi bhindi fry recipe is pretty easy.
It is also very easy uses minimal spices.It is also a kid friendly recipe and you can also eat it during pregnancy.
Pair it with rice and some lentils for a simple yet delightful meal.
This curry has a mix of flavors.Tangy sweet and sour.You always want to eat more than you can digest.
Okra is great for digestion too but it shrinks when you cook.
Adding potatoes and onions increases the quantity.Such curries were developed so that all members of the family could enjoy it.
Adding other veggies also adds texture to your plate.
Some people hate okra,others want to have it everyday.
Such is the following of the vegetable.
You can fry it, saute it also put a stuffing of spices in it.It is wonderful in every way.
Scroll below to read the recipe of Bhindi basar patata
Bhindi basar patata-okra, onions & potato curry
- 200 grams bhindi or okra
- 3 medium onions chopped
- 2 medium potato chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- Small piece of ginger chopped
- 1 chilly chopped
- 1 tsp lal mirch or red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi or turmeric
- 1 tbsp dhaniya or coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp amchur or dried mango powder
- Salt as per your taste
- For Garnish: Coriander
- Heat oil in a pan.Saute okra in it for 5-10 mins.
- Keep it aside once crisp.
- Add onions,ginger,chilly.Mix well.
- Add potatoes along with some salt.
- Cover and cook till the potatoes soften.
- Add remaining spices and mix well.
- Cook for 5 mins and add fried okra to it.
- Mix well. Cook for 10 more mins.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with roti or poori.
Click here to watch more curry videos from our channel "secondrecipe".