Egg curry is one of the easiest dishes you can make. A big hit with many bachelors too. Easy and quick to cook. Minimal ingredients and yet an awesome taste.
The humble egg is a very versatile. Be it frittata or biryani, curry or a cake. You have no dearth of recipes.
Be it omelets or a shakshuka, you will always be in awe of the egg. Cakes are fluffy and light while meringue and marsh-mellows make any dessert wonderful. Make an egg bonda if in mood for fried appetizers. Just boiled eggs with salt and pepper are good for breakfast too. You can make a dish for as many people in the house.
￼Mum's special Sunday brunch
If you want to have it on a lazy Sunday brunch, boil the eggs and fry them slightly for a crispy exterior. Fried egg curry is my mum's special recipe and his its own fan-following too. You can serve this egg curry recipe with rice. Those who are adventurous, have forayed into using different eggs.
Be it quail, duck and even ostrich ones too.
Here is a simple egg curry recipe, which is a lifesaver for many. Simple flavorful and delicious.
No need of a takeaway, simple curry can fill your tummy too. Whether you pair it with rice or roti.
Step by Step pictures of the recipe
- Cook onions with ginger, garlic and chillies until golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and cook until oil oozes out.
3.Add spices and cook until rawness disappears.
4.Once all is mixed ,add water, stir for 3-4 mins.
5.Meanwhile,cook the boiled eggs with 2 tablespoon oil for few minutes on both sides
6.Add the eggs to the curry and cook for few minutes.
Scroll below to see egg curry recipe
- 4-5 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon green chilli chopped
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3-4 boiled eggs peeled and halved
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves optional
- Salt as per taste
- For Garnish: 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Cook eggs with 1-2 tablespoon oil in a pan on both sides,keep it aside.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Cook ginger,chillies,onions & salt until brown.
- Add tomato puree,spices&salt.Cook for 5 mins or until oil oozes out.
- Add eggs,500 ml water,kasuri methi & mix well.
- Cover and cook until the water starts boiling.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low flame,garnish with chopped coriander
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Can't decide between chicken or egg? These recipes might help.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.