Frittata is a veggie and cheese based Italian omelet. Yummy and fulfilling breakfast. Also, works great for cheap eating .You can add a potpourri of veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, potatoes, spinach, salad leaves, snap peas, dill, fennel. You may pair it with some smoothie or just have it with some bread and tea. It is a great way of using a left over salad or veggies. It is gluten-free and you can make it in a jiffy. Have it in between your meetings. Quick meal yet fulfilling one.
It is simple to cook & requires minimum baking. You can make it on stove as well. Best made in a heavy pan.
Adding vegetables with eggs gives you both protein and vitamins.
This makes it wholesome and filling.
Use the left over veggies of last night. Just break an egg and create a fusion breakfast in the morning.
Play with addition of vegetables and you can eat it twice a week, much like a painter uses his colors on a canvas. This is a great breakfast for 1.Especially those who live in sharing.
If you want a vegan option of frittata use chickpea paste instead of beaten eggs. Also known as cheela or chilla or chilra. It is an Indian version of frittata. If you want a gluten-free version use besan else you can use atta or whole meal flour for it. You can use the same veggies as above. Just add some chickpea flour and make a batter with water.
Read the recipe of Frittata below
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 carrot shredded
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp mozzarella +cheddar cheese
- 6-7 sprigs dill
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed black pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a bowl,add the ¼th cup onions,green onions,eggs,carrots,cheese,dill and mix well.
- Add salt and black pepper to egg mix.
- In a cast iron pan,saute the ¼th cup onion and green onion with 1tbsp butter.
- Pour the egg mix on the pan and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile,pre-heat the oven for 5 minutes on 150 degree centigrade.
- Bake the cast iron pan for 10 minutes.
- Keep it aside.
- Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.
Can't decide between chicken or egg? These recipes might help.
Click here to watch more recipe videos from our channel "secondrecipe".
Click here to see more gluten-free recipes.