We apply direct heat to marinated meat,vegetables.Generally known as Seekh kebab or shish kebab.
We use meat, and some root vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes commonly.
Use tomatoes,peppers,onions,tofu,cottage cheese for a distinct flavor.Ingredients get a charcoal flavor. Seekh or shish means skewers & kebab meat patties.
Griling is a huge part of Mughlai Indian cuisine.Originates from the middle east.
Barbecue is popular around the world.It is a huge hit with office crowd.Serve them with mint chutney, lemon,mayo and cheesy dips.
Marination steps:Dip meat or vegetables in a bowl of yogurt along with ginger garlic.
Add spices like turmeric chilly and salt.
Coat the mixture.
Keep it aside for 1-2 hours.
Thus,meat or veggies will absorb flavors.
Finally,Types of Grilling techniques
- Grid ironing– Suspend meat vertically over grid iron.Provide heat from below using gas or charcoal.
- Charcoal kettle grilling-Grill charcoal in a kettle.Hence,the flavor comes across via hot lava rocks.
- Flat top grill– Meat or veggies are grilled in a girdle over gas stove.
- Two sided grill-Fip patties and grill on both sides.
- Grill-braising– Place meat or vegetables on the grill.Cover them with a pot to maintain heat within an enclosure.Juices oozes out and also glaze sauces out of the marinated patties.
- Sear grilling-Place meat patties on ceramic plates.Apply heat from below to give skin great flavor.