‘Nariyal ke laddoo‘ is one of the simplest recipes which can be cooked for any ‘pooja‘ or ‘havan‘.Most people prepare it with milk powder and condensed milk but what if you want to avoid all that excess sugar which comes along in the can.How can you still have a sweet without disrupting your gym diet with those extra calories.Surely, there is a healthier way of making a laddoo and having it too, which uses natural sugars so that you can regulate the amount of sugar, in the recipe.Healthy coconut laddoo recipe is the sweet for a fit foodie.You can avoid processed sugar and extra calories by using raw jaggery and light coconut milk which is easily available.
This recipe also helps us include nutrients in jaggery like Iron and folates.Jaggery also helps liver detox and aids digestion.Coconut is a fruit so easily available across the world and so rich in fiber and vitamin B complex,C magnesium and phosphorus.In this recipe we have used ordinary milk cream,but if you are lactose intolerant, you can substitute cow milk cream with coconut milk cream. (by whipping coconut milk in the desired proportion after refrigerating overnight).
Scroll below to read the Healthy Coconut laddoo recipe
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 cup dessicated Coconut
- ¾ cup jaggery or 'gud'
- ½ cup cream(Substitute normal cream with coconut cream for vegan option)
- 2-3 cardamoms crushed (optional)
- 1-2 drops ghee or clarified butter /oil(vegan/dairyfree option) for greasing palms
- Heat the coconut milk in a pan and add cream to it.Let it come to a boil
- Crush 3/4 cup jaggery in a grinder.
- Mix cardamoms, dessicated coconut with jaggery.
- Add this to coconut milk and cream in pan.
- Mix well with a spatula till you get a nutty smell.
- Keep it aside so that mixture cools down.
- Grease your palms with some ghee/clarified butter/coconut oil(vegan) and shape them into balls of desired size.This is done so that the mixture does not stick to your palm and attains the desired shape.
- You can substitute cream with coconut cream if you are lactose intolerant.Please consult with your medical practitioner before usage