India is blessed with bountiful beaches and flowing rivers.Majestic waters give it an amazing coastline.Coastline implying love for fishes.Healthy fish curry is a staple diet for many.
Every curry has a special method.
Be it a river or sea water one.
Some restaurants are famous just for their fish curry.
Traditionally,we fry fish before adding to gravy.
However we bake in this version.
Scroll below to read healthy fish curry recipe
- 1 cup fresh tomato puree
- 1 fish, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tbsp. oil
- ginger/garlic paste
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Coriander, chopped for garnishing.
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder (or as per taste)
- 2 tsp. salt (or as per taste)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder (or green/black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon)
- !Baked fish
- Marinate fish with 2 tbsp. oil, lemon juice, salt and turmeric for 30 minutes
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and arrange the fish slices
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 175C (350 F) or until the fish is cooked
- !Fish Curry
- Heat oil in pan
- Add cumin seeds and whole spices, let them crackle; add ginger/garlic paste.
- Sauté for 2 minutes
- Add tomato puree, salt and sauté for 10 minutes
- Now,add rest of the spices and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add water and let it boil.
- Add the baked fish pieces to the curry and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander, serve warm
- If you do not want to bake, you can also cook the fish with 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan for 5 minutes on each side.
Click here to see more Kerala recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos.