Strawberry frozen yogurt is a weight watchers ice cream.It is yummy and has lesser calories in comparison to the normal full fat dairy ice cream.It is easy to make,tastes as good as the original and guilt-free.You can play with the flavors and use the same combinations as dairy and try new flavors every week.The taste is not very different and creamy too.
Strawberries are full of anti oxidants and vitamin C.It is a good for your teeth and also works great for your skin.Yogurt on the other hand is great way to have dairy in your life.It is great for digestion and has lot of probiotics in it.It is a great source of vitamins and proteins along with calcium.For a change,dessert is not just sinful, it is nutritive and full of goodness too!
Scroll below to read the recipe of Strawberry frozen yogurt:
- 1 cup hulled strawberries
- 2 1/2 cup hung curd or yogurt(4 cups of normal yogurt will give you this amount)
- 3 tbsp agave or castor sugar or honey
- 2 tbsp honey as a topping
- In order to strain the yogurt,take 4 cups of yogurt and hang it in a cotton cloth for 3-4 hours.
- In ice cream maker, add this along with hulled strawberries and agave/sugar/honey whatever you would like to use.
- Let it churn for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the ice cream maker and store in a container.
- If you like a soft serve,you can scoop now and have it fresh.
- If you like your ice cream slightly harder,let it freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer.Scoop it after couple of minutes and serve with honey.
- You can add some nuts and raisins, if you like nuts in your ice cream.
- Please check with your medical practitioner in case of allergies regarding honey or agave.