Summer is all about sun,strawberries and sorbets.Yes it is a great way to cool your system down,when hot sun is blazing outside.Sorbet is a frozen dessert made from fruit pulp/juice with sweeteners. Addition of any syrup-based sweetener to a sorbet lowers the freezing point giving it smooth texture.One can use light maple syrup or honey if you want natural sweetener. Once prepared, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 10 days. Allow it to thaw for 5-7 minutes before serving it.Thus making it a real quick dessert when you are throwing a party at home.Strawberry sorbet is clearly a winner at parties,it looks exotic,tastes heavenly,is low in calories and yet gives you a great sugar rush.If you are preparing a vegan strawberry sorbet,use maple syrup or agave nectar.
Steps to make strawberry sorbet:
- 2 cups strawberries (around 400 gm)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup/honey
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- ½ tsp. stevia
- Pinch of salt
- Puree the strawberries in a blender for 15-20 seconds, keep them aside.
- Mix the coconut water with maple syrup, stevia and salt.
- Add the pureed strawberries to the mix.
- Pass the mix through the sieve to separate the seeds.
- Pour the preparation into an ice-cream maker and churn until firm.
- Transfer sorbet to a pre-chilled mould, cover with plastic wrap and a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, place the fruit puree in a stainless steel bowl and place in the freezer.
- Allow it to set a little (this may take about 1 hour), then whisk it for about 10 seconds. Return it to the freezer to set a little more, then whisk again to give it extra lightness and to stop large ice crystals forming.