What would summer be without a big tub of ice cream? It's not even worth considering. What is worth considering is the fact of making it yourself or rather than getting it from the store. What say? Sugar free blueberry ice cream can be made at home easily. Yes, it tastes just like market ones. This is a recipe without eggs. Berry ice cream recipe is a naturally sweet one. They already have sugar in it. Hence, it means your sugar needs little sugar to go in it.
Natural fruit based recipe combines the goodness of fruits with milk cream. Be it mango, banana or custard apple. I loved having those fruit based ice creams back in Mumbai. Both Apsara and Naturals are excellent. However now that they are not accessible. Its time to make my own batch. This frozen fruit ice cream can also be made with frozen or freeze dried ones. You can make a mixed berry one or homemade fruit ice cream with strawberry, in a similar style.
Yeah!! Healthy yet creamy!
Why homemade is best?
Parents always have a constant worry on what my child is eating? Whether working or at home, they all constantly wish junk stays far away. Ever read the ingredients from the back of an ice cream pack? See it next time. Homemade berry ice cream is so much better. I love making it in my Cuisinart ice cream maker. You can also make a good ice cream, even without the maker. Check out our easy Chocolate and strawberry recipes. If you are in mood of something exotic try the rose and pista ice cream. One of my favorite is tutti-frutti ice cream. Store-bought products are disreputable. They contain so many chemicals and toxins. Most of them added for longer shelf life. Stabilizers, sugar syrup, CMC etc. You’ll easily be able to avoid getting it from store if you make your own dessert from scratch. Our gorgeous sugar-free blueberry ice cream tastes SO MUCH BETTER.You can also make ice cream without the makers.
This creamy tub will be on your table in less than 5 minutes with the maker. Replace it with any berry you like. Yes, it requires only 3 ingredients!
Sugar-free blueberry ice cream
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberry
- ½ cup erythritol
- 2 tsp stevia
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- In a saucepan bring blueberries, erythritol, and salt to a boil over moderate heat, mashing berries and stirring with a fork.
- Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, 5 minutes and cool slightly.
- Add stevia,In a blender purée mixture untill smooth.
- Pour purée through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids with back of a spoon.
- Add milk and cream, mix well.
- Chill mixture, covered, at least 2 hours, or until cold.
- Pour the preparation into an ice-cream maker and churn until firm.
- Transfer ice-cream to a pre-chilled mould, cover with plastic wrap and a lid and store in the refrigerator
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, place the mix in a stainless steel bowl and place in the freezer.
- Allow it to set a little (this may take about 1 hour), then whisk it for about 10 seconds. Return it to the freezer to set a little more, then whisk again to give it extra lightness and to stop large ice crystals forming.
Try our other blueberry recipes:
- Eggless blueberry cake if you want to celebrate.
- Blueberry spinach smoothie if you want to watch your weight.
Click here to see more such recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.