Juicy, summery and delicious strawberry is also known as, ‘queen of fruits’. Everyone loves them for their sweet yet tart taste.One of the most beautiful things about strawberry is that it is so versatile. You can have it fresh, cook it or have it frozen. It can be used to give a twist to any of the recipes.They are a great source of anti-oxidants,Vitamin C and full of natural sweetness.Sugar free strawberry chutney is a great way of having strawberries when they are in plenty and can be eaten with any bread or flatbread.
How to select the best strawberries
Strawberries have a very short shelf life, even in the refrigerator. The best place to buy strawberries is a strawberry farm, where you can get/pluck them fresh. You may also get from the local farmers’ market. One must look for strawberries that are dark red in colour, avoiding the orange undertones. Sometimes you can also choose a good basket of berries by giving it a sniff. Sweet, ripe strawberries are going to have a great berry scent to them and you can store them in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To get the recipe of Sugar free strawberry chutney scroll below:
- Fresh strawberries (2 cups), halved
- cardamom seeds(from 2-3 cardamom pods)
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Cut the strawberries in slices.
- Add the coconut sugar to the mix with cardamom. Cover the bowl with a lid and let the strawberry loose the water with sugar.
- Leave it aside for 5-6 hours at room temperature.
- Take a clean pan and heat the jam mix. Stir it slowly until the water has dried up by around 90%.
- Let it cool off and transfer to an air tight container.
- You can store this in the refrigerator for 2 weeks