We order Tandoori roti mostly when we go to restaurant. However, it is an easy one to make. Most people love eating Naan and Roti in main course. You may be vegetarian or Non-vegetarian. Everyone has a favorite curry. A hotel experience is incomplete without roti basket. I love tandoori roti because it is made of wholewheat instead of maida. Thus, retaining the fiber content.
There is no better companion for any meaty vegan curry. Be it kofta curry or your Channa masala or the yummy jackfruit. You can make whole wheat Tandoori Roti without Tandoor easily. Even kulcha, tandoori, naan or rumali roti recipe. It takes a little bit of practice. Once you start making it, there is no need for ordering it out.
Most people love Mughlai cuisine. Everyone has a special favorite whether it is a tikka ,kebab or a biryani. Tandoori is always a right choice for making a special dinner. Both omni and vegans can sit together and share a meal especially in these tough time. This is a great recipe for a special family meal. Also, no maida/plain flour makes it healthier and yet a favorite. So make, share and enjoy!
Click here to watch the video of this recipe￼
Steps to make tandoori roti
Scroll below to see the Tandoori roti recipe:
- 3 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1.5 tsp dry yeast
- ⅓ rd cup oil
- 1.5 cups water
- In a bowl add sugar to lukewarm water.Mix well.
- Add dry yeast to this in order to activate it.Keep it aside for 15 mins.(You will see bubbles and froth appear.)
- Add yeast mixture, oil to flour,Knead well to form a tight dough.
- Cover and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Knead again after adding salt.
- Take some amount of dough and roll it into thick roti/flatbread.
- Heat a tawa or griddle pan.
- Apply water on one side and place it on the tawa(Wet side should stick on pan).
- Let it cook on one side.
- Flip the pan and let the flatbread face the heat directly.(It will rise slowly)
- Remove from the tawa pan.
- Repeat the process for desired number.Serve hot with curry.
Finally to watch more recipe videos, click here