Kachalu ja Tuk recipe
Taro is also eaten during fasting and makes a great chaat/appetizer. Sindhi kachalu ja tuk is a side dish you will enjoy as much as your fish cutlets. Bonus it is vegan and gluten free!
- 250 gms Arbi/Kachalu/Taro root
- Oil for shallow frying/saute
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilly powder
- ¼ teaspoon amchur or dried mango powder/Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Wash and pressure cook Arbi / Kachalu for one whistle.
You may also steam it into steamer till it is almost cooked
Let it cool.Then peel it completely.
Gently flatten them with palm.Be careful as it tends to break.
Low oil air fryer version
Press the boiled arbi or taro pieces on the palm to flatten it.
Place the arbi pieces in air fryer basket.
Air fry the tuk for 22 mins at 200 deg C & brushing oil in between.
Mix all the dry spices.Sprinkle them over taro.
Serve as a side dish with sindhi kadhi and rice