Paneer Tikka recipe
Paneer tikka is best served hot with mint chutney.
- 400 grams cottage cheese/paneer cubed
- 2 capsicums/peppers 1 red and 1 green diced
- 1 onion diced/few baby onions
- ½ cup dahi/yogurt/curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder/jeera
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chickpea flour/besan
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil + extra oil for brushing
- Wooden skewers soaked in water
Mix all ingredients for marination and make a paste.
Dip cottage cheese pieces in the marination paste and refrigerate overnight(min. 4 hrs)
Arrange cottage cheese on skewer.
Dip the onions and capsicums in the remaining paste of cottage cheese and arrange on skewer alternatively to cottage cheese pieces.
Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius(Fan forced).
Grill them for 8 minutes first and 3-4 minutes using the top grill option.(Oven broiler option)
Serve hot with mint chutney
You can make the paneer at home using the recipe given in a link or you can just buy it fresh from dairy or supermarket.
You may use other veggies like broccoli,baby corns etc and add a teaspoon garam masala or teaspoon chaat masala as per your taste.
You may replace mustard oil with any other vegetable oil.