Tomato Pachadi-Tomato Pickle
Tomato chutney pairs well with idli,dosa and even paratha.
- Diced tomatoes 2 can of 400 gms each or 1 kg fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup mustard oil for fresh tomatoes use ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric/haldi
- 2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon tamarind paste/imli
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek powder/methidana
- 1 tablespoon rai/mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon split chickpeas/chana dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds/rai
- Handful of curry leaves
- 1-2 dried red chillies/sookha lal mirch
Dry roast mustard,fenugreek in a pan,powder them keep aside
Heat mustard oil,add tomatoes and cook until oil oozes out.
Add tamarind paste,spices and cook for few minutes.(for fresh tomatoes, add ½ cup water and cook)
Heat oil in separate pan,add tempering ingredients.
Mix with tomato pickle and add mustard/fenugreek powder.
Keep it in a clean jar in the refrigerator.This has a shelf life of 2 weeks.