Sookhe kale channe recipe
Sookhe kale channe is a great way to have proteins in your diet.
- 1 cup black chickpeas soaked overnight and boiled (1-2 whistles)
- 2 tablespoon ghee/oil if vegan
- 1 tablespoon Jeera /cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon dhaniya /coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon lal mirch/red chilly powder or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Amchur/dry mango powder
- Salt as per taste
For pressure cooking in instant pot
For pressure cooker on gas/induction
Cook with 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
In a frying pan, add ghee/oil. Add all spices except salt. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Add the boiled chickpeas with remaining water and salt.
Cover it and let it cook for 15 minutes.
Let it cook without the lid until the water has evaporated.
While they are cooking, they might look to have less masala, but once the water evaporates, masala will be enough to cover all chickpeas.