Sama halwa |Barnyard millet pudding recipe
Sama halwa is an easy and healthy treat. Learn to make barnyard millet pudding recipe in easy steps.
- 1 cup ‘sama’ or barnyard millet
- ¼ cup ‘ghee’ or clarified butter
- ¼ cup powdered ‘badam’ or almonds
- 3-4 ‘elaichi’ or cardamom
- 1 cup powdered ‘gud’ or jaggery
- 3-½ cup water
Dry roast sama for 12-15 minutes in a pan on a medium flame.
Now Add ghee to it.
Roast for another 10 mins.Now add 3-4 cardamoms and crushed almonds.
Add jaggery and mix well.Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add warm water and let it cook on a medium flame.
Keep on stirring the mix, till the water evaporates and a semi-solid consistency is achieved,
Turn off the heat.Serve hot.