Lauki sabzi recipe | lauki ki sabji recipe
Lauki (bottle gourd curry) is an easy sabji.Best for weight-loss.This lauki recipe is very easy to make and goes well with roti.
- 1 large bottle gourd chopped 4-5 cups chopped bottle gourd pieces
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon ghee/oil if vegan
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 piece ginger
- Sprig of curry leaves optional
- 1 green chillies chopped
- Pinch of asafoetida optional
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste as per taste
In a pressure cooker or pan, heat oil or ghee.
Add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add ginger, chillies, curry leaves and pinch of asafoetida optionally. Avoid asafoetida or heeng if gluten free.
Add the chopped bottle gourd pieces with salt.
Let it cook till it softens.
Add tomatoes followed by the spices.
Cook until they are soft or pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.(for pressure cooker, add ½ cup water)
Serve hot with flatbread or rice.
You can avoid asafoetida if going gluten-free.
If you are using pressure cooker, you will need little water(not more than ½ cup) and this recipe for lauki ki sabzi will be a bit watery.