Sanna pakora- Sindhi onion bhaji
Sanna pakoda and roti is a common meal on-the-go for long journeys.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1-2 green chillies
- ½ cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour for extra crispy pakoda
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon anardana dried pomegranate seeds, optional
- Pinch of baking soda
- Salt as per taste
- Water to make thick batter
- Oil for frying
Make the thick batter by mixing water & flour.
Add spices,salt,chopped onions,chilli & soda.
For traditional method
Heat oil in a kadai/pan on medium flame.
Now, use enough batter to fry a fritter/pakoda, this will be 3-4 times bigger than what you normally cook.
Once cooked,take it out and keep it aside to cool down.
Once all the pakoda/fritters are cooked and cooled down, cut them into smaller pieces.
Fry them once again in hot oil on medium flame,Take them out once cooked.
Serve warm with chutney
or tomato sauce