Methi Mathri recipe | baked mathri recipe
Methi mathri is the best companion for tea time. It can be prepared by deep frying or cooking in air fryer
Servings: 12 people
- 1.5 cup maida plain flour
- ½ cup oats flour replaceable with plain flour or whole meal flour(aata)
- 1.5 tablespoon flax seed meal with ⅓ cup water (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt or as per taste
- ⅓ cup water to knead, more if flax seed not used
- 1 cup fresh methi leaves fresh fenugreek leaves
- 4 tablespoon oil
In air fryer
Pre heat the air fryer for 10 mins at 170 deg C.
Place all the mathri in the basket.
Cook the crackers for 12-13 mins at 170 deg C. Spray oil once and flip it so that it is cooked evenly from all sides and are golden brown .
Store in a clean dry jar once it completely cools down.
Traditional method (frying)
Heat oil and fry them crisp.
Ensure oil remains medium hot. If the oil goes cold, you may see some boils on the cracker. If it is very hot, your mathri will become soft.
Place the crackers on a tissue to soak extra oil.
- To make mathri only with whole wheat i.e. aata and avoid plain flour i.e. maida, add 1 teaspoon of semolina i.e.sooji and additional 1 tbsp. of ghee/oil to whole wheat flour while kneading it.
- Oat flour,flax seeds are just addition to the ingredient list to make it more nutritious,you may use any combination of plain flour/whole wheat flour