Hot and fiery summer is here. It is equally important to have a refreshing break. Watermelon mint cooler is an excellent drink to quench your thirst. Chilled juice is great to cool you. You may also mix watermelon and lime juice for kids. You can also mix apple and blend it. Strain and serve. Serve it as mock-tail with plain soda for adults. Cold pressed watermelon juice recipe tastes best fresh and ice cold. This is a perfect recipe to cool your heels in the hot sun.
Did you know, you can juice the rind too?
It is full of zinc and helps give it a great flavor.
Benefits of watermelon
- Watermelon and mint is perfect to cool your system internally. It hydrates without giving you additional sugar shots.
- It is one of those fruits which has 91% water and only 6% sugar.
- Even rind is full of nutrients like zinc.
- It is very low in calories. You get only 30 kilo-cal when you have 100 gm of watermelon.
- Perfect for weight-loss.
All you need to have is a juicer and some mint leaves. If you want you can strain it and add some rock salt to it. Tastes great. You can see a lot of vendors selling watermelon juice in various cities of India. Traditionally, there were no colas and soft drinks. Fruit juices and butter milk sold in small earthen cups or 'kulhad' continued to give a relief to travellers. Works better than colas even now. Healthy and tasty too. After all ,our body is a temple, if you want your gut issues resolved, one has to eat and drink healthier. Ensure the fruit is cut fresh in front of you, while having it outside. This saves you from germs. Other ways of having watermelon is in fruit chat, where different fruits are served together with a garnish of rock salt or black salt and some lime.
I recently saw a Korean way of having watermelon. Soft serve ice cream served on watermelon slices. Although, I have not tried it yet but it certainly looks delicious.
Read the watermelon mint cooler recipe:
Watermelon mint cooler
- 1 de-seeded water melon cut into smaller pieces.
- Few sprigs of mint/5-7 mint leaves
- Pinch of Himalayan salt/rock salt
- Pinch of crushed pepper optional
- Dash of lemon
- Add all ingredients in a blender.
- Pulse for 10-20 seconds.
- Filter using a sieve.
- Serve fresh chilled.
Click here to see more drink recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our YouTube channel "secondrecipe"