If you have wondered the usefulness of Airfryer for Indian cooking, this is a collection of Indian air fryer recipes. All of them are vegetarian and can be cooked in any air fryer. In fact they can be cooked in an oven as well. However to cook that efficiently in a oven you need use the fan forced mode or use a tray/grill that allows the food to be cooked from all sides.
When we first bought it, we were eager to explore how we could make healthy Indian appetizers. Indian food is a bonanza of street food but that is largely fried, thus not good on a regular basis. Making airfryer Indian recipes also meant, we would use it for more than just frying frozen tikkis.
Read the generic recipe below to cook different indian vegetarian cutlets in air fryer.
Air fryer Veg Cutlets
- Air fryer
- 3 medium potatoes boiled
- ½ Beetroot or 2 raw bananas (boiled/steamed)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 green chilli
- salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon buckwheat/oats flour optional
- 1 tablespoon ghee/coconut oil/butter
- Just combine all the ingredients and make small patties
- Apply the oil/butter
- Keep them in the freezer for 2-3 hours
- Cook them in a preheated air fryer at 200C for 16-18 minutes,brush oil once in between.