If you have wondered the usefulness of Airfryer for Indian cooking, this is a collection of Indian air fryer recipes. All of them are vegetarian and can be cooked in any air fryer. In fact they can be cooked in an oven as well. However to cook that efficiently in a oven you need use the fan forced mode or use a tray/grill that allows the food to be cooked from all sides.
When we first bought it, we were eager to explore how we could make healthy Indian appetizers. Indian food is a bonanza of street food but that is largely fried, thus not good on a regular basis. Making airfryer Indian recipes also meant, we would use it for more than just frying frozen tikkis.
Which is the best air fryer to use ?
There are a number of air fryers available nowadays. We use the ninja foodi air fryer , hence all these recipes are ninja air fryer recipes. It does not matter which air fryer you use, you just need to adjust to the temperature and timings of your air fryer which will differ by 10-20%.
keep these things in mind below buying the air fryer
- Your budget , if you are not looking to use it a lot, then consider buy a cheap one to try out
- Space the air fryer takes and the space available on your bench top. You cannot run this from a shelf
- Dual use, do you want to buy the one that has both instant pot and air fryer , useful if you want to use instant pot in future.
- The air fryer basket, accessories especially the coating. If you want to avoid using non-stick Teflon coating , then choose accordingly.
- Also do check out the reviews of the different air fryers.
- There is a list of non-toxic air fryers that we have made available here
Also do checkout our post on usage of paper plate in airfryer and other airfryer inserts.If you want to troubleshoot your Airfryer that does not turn refer to our post with possible options .
Read the generic recipe below to cook different indian vegetarian cutlets in air fryer.
Air fryer Veg Cutlets
- 3 medium potatoes boiled
- ½ Beetroot or 2 raw bananas (boiled/steamed)
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 green chilli
- salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoon buckwheat/oats flour optional
- 1 tablespoon ghee/coconut oil/butter
- Just combine all the ingredients and make small patties
- Apply the oil/butter
- Keep them in the freezer for 2-3 hours
- Cook them in a preheated air fryer at 200C for 16-18 minutes,brush oil once in between.
If you add too much oil, food is not crispy. The exterior of food should be dry.
Yes you can.
You can add foil but always check the owner's manual and also it depends on the food you are cooking
Can I use olive oil in an air fryer?
Extra virgin oil is not recommended as it has a low smoke point. However, extra light olive oil can be used.