This is a recipe for an instant strawberry crush. Some people also call it non alcoholic strawberry mojito. You can prepare it in 5 minutes. Serve instantly with ice cubes. Also, adding cranberries, gives it an extra color and flavor. If you do not have them, you may replace cranberries with any juice. Obviously, fresh one is best as it is without added sugar. You can make a strawberry crush syrup. Use it to make strawberry crush soda. You may make strawberry crush shake with some chilled milk. Great option for kids in summer instead of chocolate.
How do you crush strawberries?
- You can blend it with some ice and water in a blender. You may strain it as per your choice.
- Use a food processor to pulse the berries into small pieces. Later, mix it with sugar or honey. Alternatively, you may add stevia.
- You can even use a potato masher for this.
Strawberry is one of the most versatile fruits. It has so much to offer. You can use it in tarts, cakes, oats, muesli, as a jam, and even in icing. Make an ice cream or a muffin. Make a shake or a sorbet. Cook it, freeze it or eat it whole. It is easy to create exciting recipes. It is full of antioxidants. Even easy to grow. Comes in abundance when in season. Dietitians also call it the queen of fruits. It has one of the best nutritive values. Apart from short shelf life, you do not have to worry much. Most people love it. It is naturally sweet. Although, some may be tart when the season begins or ends. Still you can never get enough of berries!
Strawberry picking is a great way to bond with nature. Kids love to pluck them. They grow very close to ground so even young kids can help you pluck. One must have this experience once in a lifetime.
- They are great for teeth. Cleans them well. Saves you from odor too.
- It improves vitamin C.
- Boosts immunity of the body.
- It is power packed with anti-oxidants.
- Protects the heart.
- Natural Aphrodisiac.
- Sodium-free, fat-free. Just eat them raw and have a good breakfast.
- It has very little calories.
How to choose the right strawberries?
Most berries have a very short shelf life. If you cannot access the strawberry farm to pluck fresh ones, visit your local farmers' market. Choose the berries which are dark red in colour. Avoid the orange undertones. Use your nose to sniff the best ones in a packed basket. There is a sweet scent to it. After all, we eat food with our eyes and nose first and then taste it. If it smells and looks good, it will definitely taste awesome!
Berry picking is a great outing. You can fall in love with fresh fruit once again. I have been to Mahabaleshwar strawberries farm and also picked at Bacchus Marsh at Melbourne. It is an amazing experience.
You can also make this juice with different fruits. Add some cranberry to it if you like them.
Non alcoholic drink, is also a great welcome drink for teetotaler. Good change instead of serving lemon soda. Perfect summer drink probably best to cool off on a hot day.
How to make strawberry syrup for drinks?
Instant Strawberry crush/non alcoholic strawberry mojito
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup frozen cranberries
- 3 cups water/sparkling water
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup for vegan/honey
- 1 tsp. stevia optional
- Mix all dry ingredients with 1 cup of water in a blender.
- Puree them for 10 seconds.
- Pass the mix through a sieve, separating the fruit pieces/seeds.
- Add remaining water, serve chilled with ice and small pieces of strawberries.
Some other great recipes are strawberry cake, strawberry mousse, strawberry biscuits, strawberry tart, strawberry pie strawberry souffle, trifle ,shrikhand, sandesh, phirni ,streusal cake, chiffon cake, crumble, meringue, eclairs and cheesecake. I also love making ones below apart from decorating berries on chocolate strawberry cake.
Looking for more strawberry recipes?
Also,click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".