This is a recipe for an Instant Strawberry crush. Some people also call it non alcoholic strawberry mojito. You can prepare it in 5 minutes and serve instantly. Also, adding cranberries, gives it an extra color and flavor. However, you may replace cranberries with any juice (without added sugar).You can make a strawberry crush syrup and use it to make strawberry crush soda. You may make strawberry crush shake with some chilled milk for kids in summer.
How do you crush strawberries?
- You can blend it with some ice and water in a blender. You may strain it as per your choice.
- Use a food processor to pulse the berries into small pieces and mix it with sugar/honey/stevia.
- You can even use a potato masher for this.
Strawberry is may be the most versatile fruit of nature. It has so much to offer. You can use it in tarts, cakes, sweets, shakes, as a jam, and even in icing. You may work with juicy fruit to make recipes or eat it whole. It is easy to create exciting recipes with this antioxidant wonder. Dieticians also call it the queen of fruits. It has one of the best nutritive values. You find it easily. Apart from short shelf life you do not have to worry much. Most people love it. It is naturally sweet. Although, some may be tart when the season begins or ends. Still you can never get enough of berries!
Benefits of strawberry
- They are great for teeth.
- It improves vitamin C and immunity of the body.
- It is power packed with anti-oxidants.
- Protects the heart.
- Sodium-free, fat-free and has very little calories.
How to choose the right strawberries?
Strawberries have a very short shelf life. If you cannot access the strawberry farm to pluck fresh ones, visit your local farmers' market. Choose the berries which are dark red in colour. Avoid the orange undertones. Use your nose to sniff the best ones in a packed basket. There is a sweet scent to it. After all, we eat food with our eyes and nose first and then taste it. If it smells and looks good, it will definitely taste awesome!
Non alcoholic strawberry mojito, is also a great welcome drink for non-alcoholics.Good change instead of serving lemon soda.Perfect summer drink probably best to cool off on a hot day.
Read the recipe of Instant strawberry crush below:
Instant Strawberry crush/non alcoholic strawberry mojito
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup frozen cranberries
- 3 cups water/sparkling water
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup for vegan/honey
- 1 tsp. stevia optional
- Mix all dry ingredients with 1 cup of water in a blender.
- Puree them for 10 seconds.
- Pass the mix through a sieve, separating the fruit pieces/seeds.
- Add remaining water, serve chilled with ice and small pieces of strawberries.
click drinks for more drink recipes.
Also,click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".