Crispy air fryer potato wedges are a thing of joy. Most of us love a bag of frozen potato wedges from our super market. Learn how to air fry potato wedges using this recipe to make it from scratch. They are a perfect party recipe and appeals to all young and old. Picky eaters also love them. Add a different seasoning and find your favorite flavor. I love making frozen fries too but making it from scratch is not so difficult. It is just something you can perfect with time.This will help you avoid your market trip and extra fat in it too.
Whether it is your favorite movie or your Super bowl. IPL or Ashes. You will never find anyone who doesn't like it! Nothing better than crispy hot potatoes, some vegan hot dogs and lemon soda for a super bowl snack time. Airfryer has made my snacks easy. I tried to make these crispy potatoes in oven too earlier but performance of air fryer is much better.There are other recipes that you can make with potato in the airfryer such as air fryer Potato skins , air fryer Potato chips , air fryer smashed potatoes or air fryer potato cheese balls. You may also use the air fryer to cook frozen snacks such as pizza pockets,spring rolls,frozen pizza,frozen samosa or reheat leftover fries and leftover pizza in the airfryer.
- Air fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Tissue paper
- 3 potatoes large (Refer below for the variety of potatoes)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp seasoning
Which variety of potato do I choose ?
Choosing the correct variety of potato is the most important step in this recipe.The varieties that work well include the following.
- Yukon Gold
- Kind Edward
- Royal Dutch cream
- Royal blue / Purple
Depending on where you live, you will find one variety or other. I have tried with Russet, King Edward, Dutch cream, Royal blue and all of them gave GOOD air fryer baked potato wedges. The best result was with Russet and King Edward potatoes.
How to make potato wedges in air fryer ?
- Peel and slice the potatoes in wedges shape.
2. Soak them in cold water for 3-4 hour. Add few ice cubes if you like.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes, dry the potato sticks using a paper tissue.
4. Toss the fries with 2 tablespoon oil (no ,salt/seasoning now)
5. Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C for 10 mins. Place them in the tray in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. You may need to cook them in batches depending on your basket size. Air fry the wedges at 200 deg C for 12 mins, stirring once/twice in between using a spatula.
6. Toss 1 tbsp. Moroccan seasoning in 1 tbsp. oil. Toss the potatoes in it.
7. Continue to cook at 200C for 8-10 minutes or until you get the desired crispness.
Serve immediately after baking potatoes wedges in air fryer.
Add any seasoning as per you taste. Peri -peri , garam masala, curry powder, oregano or Moroccan seasoning can be added to make different air fryer potato wedges recipes. Cajun potato wedges are also a great variation.
You can also make cheesy potato wedges by sprinkling some grated cheese on hot potato wedges in air fryer.
You can substitute potatoes with sweet potatoes. The cooking time may wary according to the variety.
Store them in refrigerator in 3-4 days. Air fry for 2 mins before you serve. If you are making a huge batch you can also freeze them in a baking tray after wrapping tray with cling film. Bake your frozen potato wedges in air fryer after preheating your air fryer, whenever you wish to serve.
Always preheat the air fryer before you cook your snacks in it.
It will help remove starch and achieve crispy texture.
It consists of ground cumin, turmeric, paprika, coriander, cloves, ginger, cinnamon & all spice. Hence it can also work on most air fryer Indian vegetarian recipes
Air fryer potato wedges recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Tissue paper
- Peel and slice the potatoes in wedges.
- Soak them in cold water for 3-4 hour. Add few ice cubes if you like.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, dry the potato sticks using a paper tissue.
- Toss the fries with 2 tablespoon oil (no ,salt/seasoning now)
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C for 10 mins. Place them in the tray in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. You may need to cook them in batches depending on your basket size.
- Air fry the wedges at 200 deg C for 12 mins, stirring once/twice in between using a spatula.
- Toss 1 tbsp. Moroccan seasoning in 1 tbsp. oil. Toss the potatoes in it.
- Continue to cook at 200 deg C for 8-10 minutes or until you get the desired crispness. Serve immediately.
Hope you will enjoy making this recipe in your kitchen too! Do let us know how it turned out 🙂
- Always keep the kitchen well ventilated.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
Cheryl kahler says
bhavana bhatia says
Thank you so much!