Crispy air fryer potato wedges are a thing of joy. Most of us love a bag of frozen fries & crispy potato wedges from our super market. However, they have a lot of canola oil in it. Learn how to air fry potato wedges using this recipe to make it from scratch. They are a perfect party recipe and appeals to all young and old. Picky eaters also love them. Add a different seasoning and find your favorite flavor. I love making frozen fries too but making it from scratch is not so difficult. It is just something you can perfect with time. This will help you avoid your market trip and extra fat in it too.
Whether it is your favorite movie or your Super bowl. IPL or Ashes. Every one is a huge potato lover! Nothing better than crispy hot potatoes, some vegan hot dogs and lemon soda for a super bowl snack time. Airfryer has made my snacks easy. Be it homemade potato wedges, fingerling potatoes, Parmentier potatoes. There are other recipes that you can make with potato in the airfryer such as air fryer Potato skins , air fryer Potato chips ,spiral potatoes, air fryer smashed potatoes or air fryer potato cheese balls, veggie burgers.
I tried to make these crispy potatoes in oven too earlier but performance of air fryer is much better. You may also use the air fryer to cook frozen snacks such as pizza pockets,spring rolls,frozen pizza,frozen samosa or reheat leftover fries and leftover pizza in the airfryer.
- Air fryer
- Mixing bowl
- paper towels
- potatoes large (Refer below for the variety of potatoes)
- vegetable oil / olive oil
- finely chopped parsley (optional)
refer to recipe card for details.
Which variety of potato do I choose ?
Choosing the correct variety of potato is the most important step in this recipe.The varieties that work well include the following.
- Russet potatoes
- Yukon Gold potatoes
- Kind Edward
- Royal Dutch cream
- Royal blue / Purple
Depending on where you live, you will find one variety or other. I have tried with Russet, King Edward, Dutch cream, Royal blue and all of them gave GOOD air fryer baked potato wedges. The best result was with Russet and King Edward potatoes.
How to make potato wedges in air fryer ?
- Peel and slice the potatoes in wedges shape.
2. Soak them in cold water for 3-4 hour in a large mixing bowl. Add few ice cubes if you like.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes, dry the potato sticks using a paper tissue.
4. Toss the fries with 2 tablespoon oil (no ,salt/seasoning now) in a large bowl
5. Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C for 5 mins. Place potato wedges in the tray in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. You may need to cook them in batches depending on your basket size. Air fry the wedges at 200 deg C for 12 mins, stirring once/twice in between using a spatula.
6. Toss 1 tbsp. Moroccan seasoning in 1 tbsp. oil. Toss the potatoes in it.
7. Continue to cook at 200C for 8-10 minutes or until you get the desired crispness.
Serve immediately after baking potatoes wedges in air fryer.
Add any simple seasonings as per you taste. Peri -peri , garam masala, curry powder, oregano italian seasoning or Moroccan seasoning can be added to make different air fryer potato wedges recipes. Cajun potato wedges are also a great variation. Use simple seasoning like garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder and black pepper to make easy air fryer potato wedges
You can also make cheesy potato wedges by sprinkling some grated parmesan cheese on hot potato wedges in air fryer.
You can make sweet potato wedges in the same fashion. The cooking time of this air-fried wedges will wary according to the variety.
Store them in refrigerator in 3-4 days. Air fry for 2 mins before you serve. If you are making a huge batch you can also freeze them in a baking tray after wrapping tray with cling film or put them in an airtight freezer bag. Bake your frozen potato wedges in air fryer after preheating your air fryer, whenever you wish to serve.
Always preheat the air fryer before you cook your snacks in it.
It will help remove starch and achieve crispy texture.
It consists of ground cumin, turmeric, paprika, coriander, cloves, ginger, cinnamon & all spice. Hence it can also work on most air fryer Indian vegetarian recipes
air fried potato wedges recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Knife + chopping board
- Tissue paper
- Peel and slice the potatoes in wedges on a cutting board.
- Soak them in cold water for 3-4 hour. Add few ice cubes if you like.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, dry the potato sticks using a paper tissue.
- Toss the fries with 2 tablespoon oil (no ,salt/seasoning now) in a large bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer at 200 deg C for 5 mins. Place them in the tray in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. You may need to cook them in batches depending on your basket size.
- Air fry the wedges at 200 deg C for 12 mins, stirring once/twice in between using a spatula.
- Toss 1 tbsp. Moroccan seasoning in 1 tbsp. oil. Toss the potatoes in it.
- Continue to cook seasoned potato wedges at 200 deg C for 8-10 minutes or until you get the desired crispness. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Hope you will enjoy making this recipe in your kitchen too! Do let us know how it turned out 🙂
- Always keep the kitchen well ventilated.
- Never leave cooking food unattended.
Conclusion: homemade french fries and homemade potato wedge recipe are a perfect side dish which can be made in less oil by using air fryer instead of deep frying. Use your favorite seasoning to make this quick recipe with fluffy interior and crispy edges.