There are two things which attract you as a kid. Cookies and noodles. So here is a recipe which combines both. Presenting a crowd favorite Maggi Masala Cookies. I loved having noodles as a kid.(However, I got this to eat only as a teen and not a toddler).My parents did a pretty good job keeping us away from store bought ones. We did have homemade vegetable noodles once a while. They knew you do get hooked to store bought noodles hence just kept it away.
What is your favorite Maggi recipe?
Some people love having it with cheese. Non-vegetarians with a fried egg on top. My mom fries veggies. Adds any rice with it. Everyone has one special recipe. I love having mine with some spicy sauce ,cheese and bread.Maggi reminds me of endless cups of tea late night after office and also Darjeeling & Gangtok. Oh! Those wonderful lanes of Sikkim full natural beauty.Great locales and us eating momo chutney,laksa all day or just Maggi while we travelled.
What's the recipe of taste mix
You can see the spice recipe on the packet and it is quite simple. Basic ingredients with some flavor enhancers. We love making own spice mix at home. Hence we kept trying to see what would make it closest to the packet mix. Finally, we could get something similar and stuck to it. Now, I only make noodles with my own spice mix . I just boil veggies and add it to the noodles. Makes it a no oil recipe too.
Why I love it?
It helps me avoid dependency on the market trips. Plus no preservatives. That mix is so popular that it has been a top grosser. So here is a cookie which uses the same mix. We all love cookies. Nothing more therapeutic than baking biscuits. Making it at home means no preservatives. Everything is fresh. Plus , a heavenly smell in your kitchen!
This cookie is a special bake item. Hubby's workplace is organizing a fete to help bush fire victims. All proceeds to go the charity. Hence, we wanted to create a recipe which will be loved by all. Hoping we can contribute as much as we can.
- Whip butter.
2. Add all ingredients.
3. Mix well in a food processor.
4. Knead the dough.
5. Roll with a rolling pan & cut into desired shape.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins at 160 deg C.
read recipe of Maggi Masala cookies
Maggi Masala cookies
- 3 cups maida/plain flour
- 200 gm butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk-water mix ¼ cup each of milk and water
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon homemade noodles masala
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat butter in an electric mixer with castor sugar until it turns pale and creamy. Mix all remaining ingredients and until it comes together as a dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough in a cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- When the dough is cold, roll it out on a floured surface to about 1cm thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter cut as many rounds as you can from the dough and line them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven for 5 mins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 160 deg C, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
Click here to see spice mix recipe.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.