I crave instant noodles when I am unwell. However, I am allergic to egg, MSG or Ajinomoto. Not many people know, ajinomoto is made from animal bones. Sometimes giving special instructions to chef helped but not always when I was eating out. In authentic Asian cuisine, even curry is made with bone broth. Thus we started experimenting with home made noodles. Many retrials helped to create a spice mix without flavor enhancers(621,635,637) .Homemade Noodles & tasty masala is my healthy market counterpart. You can make it at home too. Make a spice mix and voila!
Kids love instant noodles. However, a mum always wants them to eat healthy.
This is a win-win recipe for both mum and kids. They get their noodles, while we get no preservative stuff. You can use this spice powder with any noodles. We prefer buying plain noodles from the market. Add your homemade masala with the plain noodles. You can also use this with Soba noodles or wheat noodles. Even vegetable or lentil based. Zucchini and carrot noodles are also a good option. Fresh from spiralizer, easy and tasty. Many food processors now have this attachment. I love mine by Ninja. Choose your pick and create a new dish each week. Enjoy!
Ingredients to make homemade Maggi masala powder
This recipe of Maggi masala powder or seasoning is adapted to the Indian taste. Hence you will find Indian curry ingredients as well.
- Cumin powder
- Amchur powder
- Dried ginger, garlic and onion
- Fenugreek seeds
- Garam masala
- Turmeric Powder
- Coriander powder
- Red chilly powder
How to make homemade Maggi masala powder
There is just 1 step to make this. You need to grind all the ingredients. Store it in a clean jar for your use. Personally, I have used this masala for more than 3 months. The taste was well preserved as the ingredients are mostly dry.
The next step is to make vegetable Maggi noodles at home . Read on for that.
Steps to make the vegetable Maggi noodles with homemade masala.
Whether you choose to make the Maggi masala at home or use the store bought Maggi, you can always add more vegetables to make it more healthy. Whether its the atta (whole meal) or maida (plain) version. It is always good to add veggies to the noodles. This improves the nutrient content. Makes it healthier whether its for kids or adults.
Steps to make Noodles
- Boil the plain noodles in a sauce pan with enough water.
2. Strain the noodles once they are soft.
3. Chop the veggies.
4. Heat oil and saute' the onions pink.
5. Add the chopped carrots along with some salt. Let it cook for few minutes.
6. Add chopped capsicums and tomatoes. Let it cook for few minutes.
7. Now, add the peas along with spices.
8. Add water and mix well.
9. Now, add the cooked noodles to the pan.
10. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Serve hot.
Homemade tasty masala and noodles
For tasty masala
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1-½ tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds/powder
- 1-½ tsp garam masala
- 4 tsp amchur or dried mango powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour aata
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour maida
- 2 tbsp semolina suji
- 3 tbsp oil
For Homemade Maggi Masala
- Mix all the spices and store in an air tight container.
- You may use a spice grinder in case of using seeds.
For vegetable noodles
- Boil the plain noodles in a sauce pan with enough water. Strain the noodles once they are soft.
- Chop the veggies.
- Heat oil and sauté' the onions pink.
- Add the chopped carrots along with some salt. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Add chopped capsicums and tomatoes. Let it cook for few minutes.
- Now, add the peas along with spices.
- Add water and mix well.
- Now, add the cooked noodles to the pan. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Serve hot.
Click appetizer for more appetizer recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.