I crave instant noodles when I am unwell.However, I am allergic to egg,MSG or Ajinomoto.Not many people know,ajinomoto is made from animal bones.Sometimes giving special instructions to chef helped but not always when I was eating out.In authentic Asian cuisine,even curry is made with bone broth.Thus we started experimenting with home made noodles.Many retrials helped to create a spice mix without flavor enhancers(621,635,637) .Homemade Noodles & tasty masala is my healthy market counterpart.You can make it at home too.Make a spice mix and voila!
Kids love instant noodles.However,a mum always wants them to eat healthy.
This is a win-win recipe for both mum and kids.They get their noodles,while we get no preservative stuff. You can use this spice powder with any noodles. We prefer buying plain noodles from the market.Add your homemade masala with the plain noodles. You can also use this with Soba noodles or wheat noodles.Even vegetable or lentil based. Zucchini and carrot noodles are also a good option. Fresh from spiralizer,easy and tasty.Many food processors now have this attachment.I love mine by Ninja. Choose your pick and create a new dish each week. Enjoy and Bon apetite!
Ingredients to make homemade masala recipe
Home made Masala
Steps to make the Noodles recipe
Making of homemade noodles
Homemade tasty masala and noodles
For tasty masala
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds/powder
- 1-1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4 tsp amchur or dried mango powder
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour aata
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour maida
- 2 tbsp semolina suji
- 3 tbsp oil
- Mix all the spices and store in an air tight container.
- You may use a spice grinder in case of using seeds.
For Homemade Noodles
- Dry roast the dry ingredients in a pan for 5-7 minutes.Keep it aside to cool off.
- Knead the dough with minimal water until it is smooth and elastic,keep it aside for atleast 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan with enough water (1-2 liters),add salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Add this flour to the sev/noodle maker.using the sev maker allow the noodles to fall in the boiling water.Cut the noodles using a knife to break in batches.
- Let this batch of noodles cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame,take out this batch and add the next batch to the boiling water
- Allow the noodles to cool in a plate.
For mix vegetables noodles
- Cook the choicest of vegetables in a pan, add the masala and noodles. Do not cook the noodles for a longer period of time.
- Garnish with butter.
Click appetizer for more appetizer recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our Youtube channel "secondrecipe".