Vietnamese salad bowl is an Asian salad. It is crunchy flavorful and has a unique texture to it. Great way to add some raw veggies and fruits to your diet too. All the veggies in this salad bowl are easily available. It fills your tummy and some soup goes great with it. If you like subway, add some roasted bread or tofu to your bowl. You may even serve it with some roasted chicken strips if you are a non-vegetarian.
There mid-week dinner, done!
Melbourne and Asian culture
I got hooked to salads, thanks to the Melbourne culture. So many Asian stores and loads of options. I am a vegetarian and have been meatless and egg-free for last 20 years. It is one of the best cities to be a vegan. I occasionally use honey. Thank you to all the chefs who cater to countless people who got allergies or want a simple meat free existence. Melbourne, Australia has a very cosmopolitan feel to it. It is an amalgamation of cuisines, cultures and religions. You are accepted as you are and that is the best part of it.
Are Vietnamese salads healthy?
Yes. It is full of Vitamin A and E due to fresh herbs, spices and plenty of vegetables.
It is also full of fiber and crunch.
They can also be customized.
You can add tofu or grilled meat, chicken or fish to it as per your choice.
You may alternatively add grilled cheese if you wanted vegetarian option.
Add tofu if you love soy.
As people settle in this Master chef special city, the culture pot keeps growing and overflowing. Also, fresh greens and veggies are a huge contributor to all those chef inspirations.
I must say thanks to the farmer, a big contributor to this culture curry.
Vietnamese cabbage salad ingredients
Vietnamese salad dressing:
Read the Vietnamese salad recipe below:
- ¼ cup quinoa ½ cup cooked
- 1 cucumber sliced and chopped
- 1 carrot sliced and chopped(using a julienne peeler)
- 1 cup Purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 10-12 snow peas/french beans can be steamed,optionally
- few sprigs of coriander and mint leaves
- ½ orange juice and 1 orange rind
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey/agave if vegan
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients listed.Keep it aside.
- Steam the beans
- In a bowl, add all the chopped ingredients.
- Add dressing to it and mix well with a spoon.
- Have fresh.
You may add roasted bread and tofu to make it more protein rich.
Click here to see more salad recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.