Kesar Pista Rasmalai is one of the yummiest dairy based sweets.Probably,one of the best eggless recipes you can make at home.It is also a great way of serving kids milk.They are also fussy and not easy to handle when it comes to daily milk routines.
It is also very easy for elders to consume, who have dental issues, due to aging.
Probably that is why it's a hit with all age groups.It is always 'mithai' time once the festive season is round the corner.
You can also make it for 'prasad', during your fasting , becauses it is only milk and sugar.
Gluten-free and eggless dessert and yet absolutely yummy.You can also make it a day earlier to the party and serve it chilled next day.This will save you big bucks and also lot of time on party evening.
We all need new recipes each time we throw a party and this one definitely wins you big brownie points.If you can get 'Chenna' easily, process furthermore becomes simpler.
It also shortens the time to make it.
However, you may still make 'Chenna' at home.Just follow the steps carefully in the below post.
Make this easy recipe and enjoy!!
read the recipe of Kesar Pista Rasmalai below
Kesar Pista Rasmalai
- 300 gram chenna
- 1 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- Few saffron strands
For milk syrup:
- 1 liter full cream milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder or 2 tbsp. rose water
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachio
- Few saffron strands
Method for rassogulla sponges:
- Take out any excess water from the chenna.
- Mash chenna with hands for 10 minutes to make it soft and smooth.
- Meanwhile in a wide pan, mix sugar and water and boil at high temperature.
- Make small balls from the 'chenna' and press them a little to give a disc shape.
- The syrup should boil at this point of time.Put the discs in the sugar syrup and cover with a lid.
- Let the discs cook in sugar syrup for 15-20 minutes on high flame.
- Let them cool down to room temperature once done,leave the discs in water so that it does not break,
- While the discs are cooling,make thickened milk.
- Take milk in a heavy bottom pan, keep the flame on medium.
- Keep stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Add saffron strands and let the milk boil on low flame.
- Once the milk boils and is reduced by ¼th of the amount,add sugar and chopped nuts.
- Turn off the heat after few minutes.Add rose water at this stage
- Take out the disc from the sugar syrup one by one. Gently squeeze them in between your palms to remove the absorbed sugar syrup.
- Add them to the 'ras' (the milk syrup should be lukewarm when you add the discs).
- Garnish with some leftover nuts and serve chilled.
Boil 1.5 litre of milk ,once it has boiled, turn off the heat. Add adequate lemon juice after 5 minutes.Pass it through a sieve or cotton cloth.Keep the chenna aside to drain any excess water.
Click here for additional dessert recipes.
Finally click here to see additional recipe videos.