There is no snack which is complete without a yummy red tomato ketchup.Be it burgers,pakoras,fries or cutlets.You can even add it to your curry if you have less tomatoes at home.But did you know,original ketchup recipe did not have tomatoes in it but fish sauce,meat byproducts and soybeans.Two of the oldest ketchup recipes are mushroom and walnut ketchup.Tomatoes or not ,it is a recipe everyone likes.Some like it hot, others sweet while some might like it mild.This easy homemade tomato ketchup is a good dip with any kind of finger food.
what's in ketchup?
Commercial ones have a lot of additives to them to give them a rich flavor.
Also, you cannot control the amount of sugar in it.Make your own ketchup and breathe easy!
Although some brands do have no sugar ones now.However quick homemade ketchup is best.
This ketchup recipe will help you avoid any kind of preservatives and additives.Great, especially if you kids love to eat it with every snack.
Also, it is made with less oil and sugar can be controlled as per your taste.
However,as there are no preservatives,you need to store this in refrigerator.
I love a dash of ketchup even on chickpeas.It adds to the flavor.
Not many people know tomato sauce is also added to making tomato soups in some restaurants.
Now think about every soup you had ?
What tomatoes are best for homemade tomato ketchup?
What is the difference between tomato sauce and tomato ketchup?
How to make ketchup?
Read the tomato ketchup recipe below:
- 1 kg tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 250 ml carrot juice
- 100 ml beet juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon red paprika
- Juice the carrot and beetroot,keep them aside
- Steam all vegetables except carrot and beetroot
- Peel garlic and tomatoes.
- Blend them to make a fine paste.Sieve the mix.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the tomato paste to it.
- Once it starts boiling, add remaining ingredients to it.
- Cook for 10 mins on low flame.
- Once cool, store in a dry glass bottle and refrigerate
- Can be stored in a refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Click here to see more snack recipes.
Also,click here to see recipe videos from our Youtube channel "Secondrecipe".