Extra crispy home baked French Fries which are BAKED not fried !!!
Yes, its true!!! Oven-baked fries are bit more healthier than deep-fried version and they can be made equally tasty too...Just go through these tips below and you can enjoy this guilt-free version with every movie, football,cricket matches with friends and family 🙂
One of the secret behind those incredible crispy fries is soaking the raw potatoes before you bake them.This will remove some of the excess starch and make them less soggy. Lesser the starch, more the crispiness.
Few important things to note to make extra crispy home baked french fries -
- Cut the fries little thin about ¼ inch wide. Slice the whole potato lengthwise and then slice each piece of the potato again into fries. After slicing, coat the potatoes in olive oil, which in turn ensures fries end up being crispy when getting baked in the oven.
- Use a parchment paper or foil(make sure you spray oil over the foil) to avoid the fries to stick to the pan. This helps in getting the best crisp on the outside while keeping it a bit soft inside.
- Try not to crowd the fries on the pan. Ensure that they have a bit of space in between each other.This will ensure they are baked even and well.. Enjoy 🙂
Scroll below to see the recipe of Home baked French Fries
Home baked French Fries
- 4-5 potatoes washed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp spice mix
- Using a slicer, slice the potatoes or use cut them into wedges any shape.
- Take a pot filled with water, leave the potato slices for 5-10 mins
- Take out the potato pieces and leave them on a dry tissue or towel to dry for 30 minutes.
- Toss the potato pieces with oil/salt/spice mix in a bowl.
- Spread the potato slices in a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a oven for 35-40 minutes at 190 degrees.
- Serve hot with mayo or tomato ketchup.
Click here to see more appetizer recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our youtube channel "secondrecipe".