Blueberry spinach smoothie is a fabulous breakfast. It is perfect for a hot day in summer. Generally, most of us complain, we do not have time to cook breakfast. Hence, we eat outside or order fast food.
Here is a smoothie recipe, which takes only 5 mins. Making a blueberry smoothie with spinach will up your nutrition quotient. It even makes Monday morning looks good. Gets ready in minutes. Yet is healthy!
This smoothie is raw, vegan and gluten-free. Replacing one meal with smoothies helps in weight-loss. Win-win! Drink spinach and blueberry smoothies. Power pack your day with anti-oxidants & iron. Most people love strawberries but blueberries are also great for the body.
P.S: You can use both fresh and frozen berries for this smoothie.
Are blueberry smoothies healthy? Are spinach smoothies healthy?
The answer is YES. Below are some benefits.
- Vitamins are necessary building blocks of our body. Blueberries are a great way to up the Vitamin C quotient in your diet. 1 cup of blueberry has 24% of daily intake for a human.
- Spinach is great for Iron. Also, rich in fiber, zinc, vitamin A,K,B C ,folates and calcium.
- Spinach also protects the body from free radicals. It is full of phytochemicals and is best eaten raw.
- Coconut water is fabulous for digestion. It hydrates and refreshes you.
- Bananas are great for potassium, manganese and Vitamin C. They are naturally sweet. Helps you avoid adding sugar to your smoothie.
- Helps you avoid constipation.
What happens if you eat blueberries everyday?
- Blueberries are low on calories.
- Makes an excellent snack, just wash and eat.
- Loaded with anti-oxidants.
- Reduces DNA damage and fights aging and cancer.
- Boosts immunity
- Helps prevent diabetes, obesity and heart diseases.
- Strengthen immunity and improve metabolism.
What type of spinach is best for smoothies?
Handful of baby spinach works best.
Can you put raw spinach in a smoothie?
When you first think about it, you wonder how it will taste. It looks lovely green. We usually eat it in curries, sandwiches and pies. However, eating it raw is best way of having spinach. Cooking spinach breaks down its anti-oxidants.
Can I make smoothies with frozen spinach?
You can also make spinach yogurt smoothies. Make a spinach shake with almond milk as well as a variation. Make a mango blueberry spinach smoothie in summer. An apple blueberry spinach smoothie in winter.
NOTE: Please consult your medical practitioner, regarding increasing blueberry intake, in case you take any blood thinners.
Read the Blueberry spinach smoothie recipe below:
Blueberry spinach smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Add handful of blueberries
- Cut the banana into small pieces.
- Wash the baby spinach leaves and add them to the blender
- Add all ingredient
- Blend for 2-3 minutes till you get a smoothie.
- Garnish it with blueberries.
Click here for more drink recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.