Strawberry smoothie is a great way to start your day. You can eat healthy oats in a smoothie too, without cribbing about its blandness. There is no cooking involved, hence even your kids can be involved in making it under your observation.
You can make strawberry banana smoothies in many ways. Some people love to use oat milk while others coconut water. Those who are not vegan may use yogurt or milk too.
Many people love to have protein shakes, so might add their protein powder to this recipe. To each his own I say, having a smoothie ensures you go out on a full tummy. That is important whether you are vegan vegetarian or non-vegetarian!
What is the benefit of eating strawberries?
- Strawberry is the queen of fruits. It is the full of anti-oxidants.
- It is great for your teeth. Perfect way to get your pearly smiles along with vitamin C.
- It is fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol- free.
- Low in calories and great in taste.
- Improves heart and brain health
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
Benefits of oats
Make time for a quick breakfast before an early meeting and avoid eating those antacids, for curing acidity due to late breakfast. 5 minutes breakfast and yet a healthy, perfect start of the day for a hot summer morning. Good food recipes are made of these!!
This way of having oats is great for a no-cook meal. Whether you like to have it as overnight oats or as an addition to vegan chia pudding. Oats are great for breakfast. They help avoid constipation and acidity. Also, help in weight-loss.
I love to add oats to normal whole wheat flour while making roti. There is no change in taste and oats adds to nutrient profile. You can also add oats and all purpose flour during baking too.
- Knife for chopping fruit
- coconut water
- Add all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Always add liquid items first as it helps give a good texture.
- Blend until you get a good smoothie.
- Serve immediately.
- Strawberry mango smoothie or strawberry apple banana smoothie is also a great variation. You can use frozen berries if fresh ones are not available.
- Banana oats smoothie bowl is a good breakfast for babies who have just been introduced to solids.
- Cinnamon adds to the X factor and bananas are great for good digestion if you like banana and cinnamon together and do not have fruits at home. You can also use freeze dried strawberries for the smoothie.
- You can use any non-dairy milk like oats milk or coconut milk too. You may also use milk if non-vegan.
- Avoid oats if gluten-free (some oats are certified as gluten-free. You can alternatively use that variety.) or want to make this during fasting period.
Store it in a bottle in refrigerator for 1-2 days. However, its best to have fresh.
strawberry smoothie with bananas | banana strawberry smoothie recipe
- ½ cup banana 1 medium banana
- 1 cup Strawberries 5-6 strawberries
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 2-3 ice cubes optional
- Put all ingredients in the blender along with ice cubes.
- Blend together until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Serve Immediately.
It makes smoothie thicker and creamier without adding dairy.
No it does not.