Smoothies are an excellent way to sneak more greens into your diet. It is not an easy task, to include raw greens in your diet. However in form of smoothies like kale smoothie, blueberry spinach smoothie you can enjoy it. It is a natural way to get nutrients, as well as stay hydrated. There is no specific ingredient to make a smoothie. Just combine the ingredients that you want and blend. However, we should take care while adding fruits to the raw smoothies so that they balance the greens.
Kale is a super food,much in season these days.It grows well in cooler climates.You can call it a foreign cousin of our spinach.It is full of antioxidants.It is a powerhouse of vitamins loaded in those leaves.
Blend all the great raw ingredients into a smoothie and Voila!
You get the dose of your nutrients just in a glass and have it on the go!
Benefits of oats
Make time for a quick breakfast before an early meeting and avoid eating those antacids, for curing acidity due to late breakfast. 5 minutes breakfast and yet a healthy, perfect start of the day for a hot summer morning. Good food recipes are made of these!!
This way of having oats is great for a no-cook meal. Whether you like to have it as overnight oats or as an addition to vegan chia pudding. Oats are great for breakfast. They help avoid constipation and acidity. Also, help in weight-loss. I love to add oats to normal whole wheat flour while making roti. There is no change in taste and oats adds to nutrient profile. You can also add oats and all purpose flour during baking too.
- Knife for chopping fruit
- oats/flax seed powder
- frozen banana
- frozen pineapple
- coconut water
- Curly kale or Tuscan kale
How to make vegan kale smoothie?
- Add the frozen pineapple, banana with oats/flax seed powder in a jar.
- Add chopped kale and coconut water.
- Blend together until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Serve Immediately.
- You can use fresh fruits, in that case use few ice cubes. I find the texture of smoothie is good with frozen fruits.
- Banana oats smoothie is good for toddlers too. Add non citrus fruits if using milk. Avoid giving sugar chocolate based drinks.
- You can use any non-dairy milk like oats milk or coconut milk too.
Kale pineapple smoothie | vegan kale smoothie recipe
- ½ cup banana 1 medium banana,frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chopped,frozen
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats powder or flax seed powder
- 2 cup curly kale or tuscan kale,chopped
- Add the frozen pineapple,banana with oats/flax seed powder in a jar
- Add chopped kale and coconut water
- Blend together until all ingredients are fully incorporated
- Serve Immediately.
Store it in a bottle in refrigerator for 1-2 days.
It makes smoothie thicker and creamier without adding dairy.
No it does not.
melons, pineapple, oranges and other citrus fruits especially if using milk.