Healthy Blueberry cake is a wonderful dessert. It goes perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea. Whether it is a blueberry pound cake or a lemon blueberry cake. Whether you bake a cake with or without cream cheese frosting. Each bite is delightful. Blueberry cake will become your favorite in no time!
Baking a cake helps you ease breakfast pressure especially on a Monday. Start of the week, you do not want to cook something elaborate. Berries are plentiful when in season. They are naturally sweet and provide a great texture to cakes. You can use the same recipe to bake with strawberries & cherries too. Whatever you got surplus, makes a healthy berry cake if you are bored of smoothies and sorbets. This is the beauty of eggless sponge cake recipes. You add a berry flavor and they transform into something which always brings a smile on your face. Plus added benefits of the fruit.
Nothing makes your heart melt. A good piece of moist blueberry cake. Generally, bakery made cakes are all about plain flour and egg. Due to allergies, I make my cakes egg-free. It also helps me keep the sugar and cream in check. If you are wondering if the cakes are dry or moist?
Yes, they are still moist and soft just like egg based ones.
What happens if you eat blueberries everyday?
- Blueberries are low on calories and make an excellent snack.
- It is loaded with anti-oxidants.
- Reduces DNA damage and fights aging and cancer.
- Boosts immunity and helps prevent diabetes,
- Prevents obesity and heart diseases.
- Strengthen immunity and improve metabolism.
What to do if you do not get blueberries locally?
Can you bake a cake with frozen blueberries?
Yes, frozen berries can be used.
They do not need to be thawed, just rinse them in water.
Step by step pictures of the eggless blueberry cake recipe
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add milk & vinegar mix.
3. Now, add oil and mix well.
4. Add blueberries.
5. Transfer contents to a baking tin. Bake at 160 degree Celsius for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Read the eggless blueberry cake recipe
Eggless blueberry cake
- 2.5 cup self raising flour replace with 2.5 cup flour and 2.5 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup flax seeds powdered
- 1-¾ cup milk
- 3 teaspoon vinegar
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup blueberries
- Mix baking soda,flax seeds & flour,add powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Mix vinegar with milk (very lightly warm),so that it curdles a bit.
- Add milk and vinegar mix to bowl,slowly start mixing all ingredients.
- Add Oil to the mix and keep on mixing.
- Add blueberries to the cake mix,transfer the contents to a baking tin.
- Garnish with few berries,bake for at least 35-40 minutes at 160C(fan forced) or until the toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Let it cool on a wire rack,cut into slices.
P. S: If you want to avoid a maida cake, you may use self raising whole meal flour in this recipe. It comes out little brown in comparison to plain flour.
Looking for more berry ideas?
- Overnight oats
- Spinach blueberry smoothie
- Sugar free blueberry ice cream are great ways to use surplus/frozen fruit.
Click here to see more cake recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.