Doughnuts or donuts are currently the flavor of the season. Whether you bake them or fry, make eggless donuts or with egg. Each bite is full of yum. You can find various stores popping up which sell them in bakery to supermarkets .You can make these egg free donuts for any home party. I have been a fan of donuts too, having tasted them at various places. This recipe is an egg free donut recipe which is super yum and chocolate gooey too. This is not a traditional doughnut recipe, but this recipe is basically the ingredients of yeast bread and fried instead of being baked.
I love tasting donuts,they are large.You can have some and keep remaining for later.
Gives me a good chocolate boost yet are not as sweet as the cake.
Variety of donuts for every one
Although jam donuts and chocolate coated are a favorite,savory ones are not bad either.
Once you master the recipe,you can tweak it.Garnish with sprinkles,ganache and different types of glaze.
Fill them with custard or jam when making them whole.
Load them with cheese ,basically enjoy without breaking a bank for it.
It actually reminds of medu vada which is a protein rich Indian version as it has urad dal/split black lentils in it.This is a carb rich version.
Xmas is here and so are the parties in town.
Whether it is an year end or the birthday celebration,this is recipe to win hearts for sure.
The original donut recipe is all plain flour or maida.
Hence, we try to make it little healthy by adding flax seeds.Egg free doughnuts also get a great texture with flax seed mix.
How to make donuts without eggs?
Read eggless donuts recipe below:
- 1/4 water with 1/2 tsp sugar and 2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp flax seed with 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 /2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp flour to dust
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 50 ml cooking cream
- 100 gm cooking chocolate
- cake sprinkles for garnish
- Mix the flax seed meal with water and keep it aside.
- Add sugar to lukewarm water, mix until it dissolves. Add yeast to sugar water, so that it activates. This will make the mix frothy and activate in 15 minutes.
- Add this yeast and flax seed mix to the flour with salt.
- Start mixing the dough while adding the remaining water.The dough needs to be a little wet and sticky, this will help the donuts to rise and come out with a soft texture.
- Knead the dough, this will be sticky at the start, Add oil to remaining ingredients. Keep it aside for 30 minutes to rise.
- Once it has doubled, punch it down and knead it again.
- Roll the dough flat and cut in desired shapes(for donut, cut in big and the small circle, remove the center piece of the flour) and place on individually cut baking sheet.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes. You will see the dough rise
- Heat Oil in a kadai/saucepan.
- Once the oil is ready on a medium heat, slowly lower the donut in the oil and fry until light golden brown.
- Let is rest for an hour so that it cools down.
For the chocolate sauce
- Heat the cream and chocolate in a microwave or double boiler .
- Mix well and dip the donut on 1 side in the warm chocolate sauce,garnish with cake sprinkles.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.