Chocolate burfi or chocolate fudge is a super yum mithai.It is nut free and a good alternative to milk chocolate.You can make it for the party and yet it looks store bought. Serve it in your party with panache. I love the fact that it doesn't lose shape or drips of sugar syrup like other sweets.
Mawa or khoya in 2 layers tastes yum. You may also use store bought mawa for the same or make your own batch.
I like to make my own batch whenever I got surplus milk at home. This way making sweet is not a big hassle.Also, you are assured of its purity.
My Nostalgia and chocolate burfi recipe
This chocolate barfi close to my heart.I was never fond of chocolates as such but loved milk sweets as a kid.
This particular barfi,double-layered one was my favorite.It is a sweet which reminds of me of my childhood.I have always loved ordering it.It was always my favorite and a sweet I always relished.
Whenever we would pass by Mohan sweets,our local sweet shop in Gajuwaka.I had to buy this!
Now,that Visakhapatnam, is a distant memory and the shop so far away.
It is time to make my own.
Step-by-step pictures of Chocolate burfi
Scroll below to read the recipe of chocolate barfi
plain burfi layer
- 2 cups mawa
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup if you want the base to be more sweet
- 2 tbsp ghee
chocolate burfi layer
- 1 cups mawa
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
For the plain burfi layer
- Take mawa in a pan,add cream and sugar and cook while stirring slowly.
- Keep cooking on slow heat,add ghee
- Cook until it comes together to form a smooth mix.
- Remove and spread it evenly on tray lined with baking sheet or butter paper.
for the chocolate burfi layer
- Mix the cream with the cocoa powder
- Heat mawa in a pan with the chocolate cream ,sugar and ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients and cook until it forms a homogenous mix.
- Remove and spread it evenly on tray that has the plain burfi base already spread out.
- Press evenly to form barfi,let it rest for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into desired shapes,keep refrigerated.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos.