Spring is a month of celebration.Winds of change are blowing in nature.It is a time for fresh berries,black,blue,raspberries and strawberries.Fresh berries or frozen ones are a great source of anti-oxidants.They taste great on cakes,desserts,yogurt.Eggless chocolate strawberry cake is a great recipe to celebrate any occasion.
Be it birthday,anniversary or valentine's day.Spring has many people celebrating their birthdays and anniversaries.You will find so many occasions to eat a good piece of cake.If you are throwing a party,nothing better than a moist cake to start it!
Also,a great way to surprise your beloved.You can also make it as eggless strawberry cupcakes for any party.Just put the batter in some cupcake shells and decorate with a small strawberry.This is a basic eggfree cake recipe.
You can decorate chocolate cake with strawberry frosting be it dark or with milk.
Chocolate sponge cake with berries is a treat any day.
Desserts are a great way to celebrate life.
Use any fresh berries available to decorate, along with whipped cream.
You will definitely get the praise from your special someone.
So make enjoy and love each day you get!
Steps for eggless chocolate strawberry cake
Read the Eggless Chocolate strawberry cake recipe below:
Eggless chocolate strawberry cake
For egg-less sponge cake
- Self raising plain flour 1-¾ cup 1 cup plain,¾ cup wholemeal
- 75 grams butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-¼ cup condensed milk
- 125 ml milk ½ cup
For strawberry jam between the layers:
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
For whipped cream:
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp icing sugar mix powdered sugar with cornflour(You can also substitute this with 1 tbsp powdered sugar +1 tsp custard powder)
- Berries for garnish
For whipped cream:
- Mix 300 grams of chilled cream with a hand blender in a steel bowl for 2 minutes, until soft peaks are formed.
- Add the icing sugar mix and whip it for 4-5 seconds further.
- Refrigerate till you use this whipped cream.
Note: If you whip for a longer time,cream will get disintegrated.Stop as soon as you get soft peaks.Do not over do it.
For the strawberry jam:
- Add sugar to one cup strawberries and leave it for 10 minutes.
- The berries start releasing water.
- Now cook this mixture for 15-20 minutes on a low flame till you get a thicker jam like consistency.
- Keep it aside till it cools.
Note: You can add more sugar as per your choice, if your strawberries are tart.
For Egg-less sponge cake:
- Mix sugar,melted butter and condensed milk using a hand blender.
- Add all the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.Mix well with a hand blender.
- Preheat oven for 5 mins at 180 degrees C(350 F).
- Grease 2 cake tins (6 inch) with 1 tbsp of butter and layer with baking sheet.
- Pour the cake mix in the cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 20 mins at 180 degrees Celsius/ 25 mins at 160 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it rest for 1 hour.
- On the first cake,spread half of the whipped cream over it.
- Apply the strawberry jam on the top.
- Place the second cake over this jam layered cake evenly.
- Cover the cake with remaining whipped cream evenly.
- Decorate with berries as per your choice.
- Refrigerate until served.
Click here to read more dessert recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipe videos from our channel "secondrecipe".