Butter cookies are melt in the mouth biscuits. Some people also call it as Brysselkex or Sablés. Also, commonly known as Danish cookies. However, the original recipe has eggs in it. If you are a vegetarian use the below butter cookie recipe. We love to make this egg-free version. Eggless butter cookies are treat for those having allergies. Also we have made it little healthier by adding oats and flax seed powder to it. Both are such wonderful ingredients that do not alter taste in a cookie dough. Adding rice flour gives it an extra crunch.
Homemade butter biscuits are perfect for tea. You can even give it any shape you like using any cookie cutter. This is an easy recipe which has minimal ingredients. Also, we try to make food healthy. Biscuits are great for tea or for a pick-me-up. However, commercial based biscuits are full of sugar and other agents, stabilizers you cannot control. Making them at home, ensures you know what goes in your biscuits. This makes it an easy choice when offering to kids.
Generally cookies are all plain flour ones with no nutrition. This is a healthier version. We use whole meal flour, oats, rice flour, flax seeds. Adding this reduces plain flour content in the biscuit yet remains crisp. If you like you may dust it with some powdered sugar. You can also make this at home for any high tea and kids' bento box meals.
how to make eggless butter cookies?
Grind the flax seeds and keep aside. Dry roast the oats in a pan for 10 minutes, grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
Beat butter in an electric mixer with castor sugar until it turns pale and creamy.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients and until it comes together as a dough.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 160 C, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
how to make eggless butter cookies recipe? Read below
Eggless Butter cookies
- 200 gm unsalted butter at room tempreture
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup + 2tbsp wholewheat flour
- ½ cup + 2tbsp plain flour
- ½ cup + 2tbsp oats powder
- ½ cup + 2tbsp rice flour
- ½ cup + 2tbsp flax seeds
- Grind the flax seeds and keep aside.
- Dry roast the oats in a pan for 10 minutes, grind to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer with castor sugar until it turns pale and creamy. Mix all remaining ingredients and until it comes together as a dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough in a cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- When the dough is cold, roll it out on a floured surface to about 1cm thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter cut as many rounds as you can from the dough and line them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 160 C, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
What can I bake If I don't have eggs?
There are so many eggless cookie recipes. If you would like to start with something basic, you must try this
- eggless choco-chip cookies
- orange chocolate cream cookies
- Jam drops/Thumbprint cookies
- Ragi biscuits
- Maggi masala cookies
Click here to see more recipe videos from our channel secondrecipe.
Additionally, click here to see more dessert recipes.