Couscous is granular semolina, a type of wheat, which has been moistened with water, lightly covered in flour, and rolled into tiny beadlike pellets.A staple of the North African Maghreb, couscous comes in instant and non-instant varieties. It is available year-round in large supermarkets in bulk or boxes.It works as a full meal when we club fresh salad veggies with couscous,making crunchy wholesome couscous salad.
Couscous doesn’t have a lot of flavor on its own, but it works well as a base for vegetable. It mixes beautifully into salads and can be flavored with herbs like coriander, basil or mint. It’s a very neutral and nutritious base for all sorts of dishes.
To make easy couscous salad scroll below:
- ½ cup couscous
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 green onion stalks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt,pepper as per taste
- 1/2 soup cube
- Place dry couscous in a bowl
- Boil ¾ cup water,add it to the couscous.along with soup cube.
- Cover with a cloth or plate,leave to stand.
- Five minutes later, add a ½ tbsp. of oil, turn over with a fork to separate the grains and season to taste.
- Finely chop the onion,green onion stalk.
- Add all vegetables to couscous.
- Toll the salad with oil and seasoning.
- Serve immediately, can be stored in an air tight container for 12 hours.