Biscuits are a perfect travel or tea-time partner.Sometimes I actually has tea/coffee just to have a cookie or two.While I have always enjoyed bourbons.However,this is a chocolate cream biscuit with a hint of orange.I love Lindt bars with orange in it.These biscuits are inspired by those.Orange chocolate cream cookies actually are perfect companion to vanilla ice cream.
Biscuits,biscotti,macaroons,cakes puffs and pastries.Baking is so much fun egg or eggless.Vegan or with dairy.There is something special for that child in us whatever we may choose to be.
Biscuits are versatile.Break and add them to milkshakes.
Add them to ice creams.
You can also have them with any hot milk tea,coffee or with plain milk.
They are also an egg-less dessert on their own.Great for travel too.
There is nothing better than homemade biscuits when people come over.
It is holiday season and whether you are enjoying the heat or the cold weather.
Keep calm and cookie on!
Tip: Just separate and lick the cream like you were young.We cannot bring back age,but can still enjoy the childhood fun for some moments.
Step by step pictures
Read the recipe of orange chocolate cream cookies
Orange chocolate cream cookies
- 125 gm soft butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup roasted oats flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
For orange-chocolate cream:
- 100 gm butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp orange rind
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Use an electric mixer/stand mixer to beat softened butter,sugar until pale and creamy.
- Stir in all the flours and cocoa, mix until you get a firm dough.
- Cover the dough in a transparent film or box and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin , roll some of the dough with 1 cm thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg C for 10 mins.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Using cookie cutter, give it a shape according to your choice.Place it on the lined trays.
- Bake for 30 mins. Set aside to cool completely.
- Store in a cool dry place.
For chocolate orange cream:
- Beat the butter using electric mixer till pale.
- Add icing sugar 1 tbsp at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Add orange rind and orange juice beat well until mixed well.
- In an piping bag fitted with 5mm plain nozzle,add the cream mixture.
- Pipe the cream on half of the biscuit and cover with another one.
Click here to see more such dessert recipes.
Also, click here to see more recipes from our youtube channel secondrecipe.