Vegan Christmas cake is our alcohol-free, dairy-free, egg-less cake of the original version.It is great with tea and some snacks.Vegan fruit loaf is fully loaded with healthy nuts like almonds and pistachios.Vegan cake is great in flavor too, especially this one.You can also make this as the vegan fruit birthday cake if you cannot wait for xmas!
If you are a teetotaler like us,and also wanna go vegan, this is just the cake for you.Yummy and delicious!
Christmas is a time to make merry and ring in the new year with endless parties.However, I am not the one for cutting trees and ham and turkeys just to make my party a success!
I had rather go with vegan fruitcake and plant based recipes for this end of year celebration.
Christmas or No Christmas...You can make it anytime of the year and have a happy cheer!
It is my happy cake as it is egg-free and dairy free too.It is good for those who got allergies yet still love their cake.Many people cant eat eggs or dairy and feel a little left out.This one has no reservations.
Finally a celebration of humans includes everyone 🙂
Vegan fruit cake recipe step-by-step:
Read the vegan christmas cake recipe below:
Vegan Christmas cake
- 1 cup orange juice with rind
- 1-1/4 cup mixed fruits 90% dried raisins,currants,berries with 10% orange peel,lemon peel
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 +1/2 cup dry fruits almonds,pistachio,walnut,cashew
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal
- 2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Heat orange juice on a low flame, add mix dried fruits and let it come to boil.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped dried nuts.
- Cook for 5 mins, turn off the flame.
- Add sugar and allow it to cool.
- Add oil,flax seed meal,almond milk to the mix and start adding the flour.
- Keep mixing and adding the flour.Add more almond milk if required.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 160 deg C
- Finally add the baking soda and transfer the batter to a cake tin lined with baking sheet.
- Add the remaining chopped dry fruits on the cake batter.
- Bake in a fan-forced oven at 160 deg C for 50-55 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to rest in the oven for further 10-15 minutes.
Click here to see more dessert recipes.
Also, Click here to see more recipe videos.