Creamy yummy eggless strawberry ice cream!
No better fruit than strawberries, no better ice cream than that eggless strawberry ice cream. Pink is my favorite color. Bubblegum, baby or rani pink. All reminds me of youth and of love. Strawberry and cream is one of the most loved flavors. No wonder the demand goes up every Valentine's. Be it any month of the year, strawberries are always a delight. Whether its dipped in chocolate, served with champagne or eaten as ice cream.
Frozen yogurt ,smoothie or milk shake, strawberry and cream can make your day any day! Most of the recipes that we find online require eggs in the ice cream base or do not turn out smooth, the below recipe for eggless strawberry ice cream turns out very soft and creamy.
Benefits of strawberries
- Strawberries are full of anti oxidants and vitamin C and K.
- It is a good for your teeth. They also work great for your skin.
- Provides fiber and boosts metabolism.
- Awesome for your heart. They are fat-free and cholesterol-free.
- They are low in calories and make up for a great snack.
My strawberry memories
It also reminds me of Mahabaleshwar and Mapro farms. One of my best office trips with friends. Times pass but memories remain. Although, you may not talk on a daily basis, some people remain close to your heart. Another excellent trip was to Bacchus Marsh. Amazing fruit and picking experience and a day well spent!
How to make eggless strawberry ice cream recipe?
There are 3 major components to this recipe of eggless strawberry ice-cream.
- Preparing the strawberry mix. Mixing strawberry with sugar & reducing it. Lending with lemon juice.
- Making the corn flour slurry. Mixing the paneer (cottage cheese) with milk and corn flour.
- Preparing the ice cream base. Mixing the milk, cream, sugar and glucose.
And mixing all of the above, cooling,]churning and allowing to freeze.
Homemade ice cream recipe just like store bought
This recipe is inspired from the famous Jeni's ice creams from USA. Although, they are not available in Australia, I got hold of their recipe book online. Had to try make a super smooth eggless ice cream.
You need to plan ahead with an ice cream maker. Keep the bowl in fridge 24 hours earlier before you want to have them. Also, you need to add corn syrup in this one. I timed it with the tumultuous Melbourne weather. Thank God, the weather gods finally brought us sunshine.
I have made ice creams in my Cuisinart Ice cream maker earlier too. However, this Cuisinart strawberry ice cream was a class apart. It was super creamy and smooth even after 2 days. No grainy ice particles coming in between. Tasted perfect with those yummy waffle cones. Who needs to go to the super-market if you can make one at home.
You must try this version. It is such a delight!
No ice cream maker no problem! Make it with a hand blender.
I have also made it without ice-cream maker the way my MIL makes. Most people may not have the ice cream maker at home. It doesn't mean you should give thus recipe a miss! Try it and let us know your results. Both the versions are equally good.
The only tweak needed for the recipe is to freeze the ice cream base(covered) in the freezer for 1 hours, then blitz it with a hand blender for few seconds, cover and freeze again and again blitz it .Allow it to set.
- mixing bowl
- ice cream maker / hand blender
- ice cream tin
- baking sheet
- ice cream scooper
- strawberry puree with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- paneer/ cottage cheese from 1.5 cup milk
- corn syrup
Learn how to make ice cream with/without ice cream maker.
- Mix sugar and strawberries in a bowl.
2. Let it sit 3-4 hrs until the juices come out.
3. Cook the berry mix in a pan and reduce it.
4. Blend the strawberry mix along with lemon juice. Keep it aside.
5. Mash the paneer or cottage cheese.
6. Mix milk and corn flour to make a slurry. Keep it aside.
7. In a pan, add milk, cream and glucose syrup.
8. Add sugar to the above mix.
9. Now, turn off the heat. Add the strawberry mix and corn flour slurry to the pan. Turn on the heat on a low flame. Whisk continuously and let it come to a boil. Turn of the heat.
10. Transfer it to a bowl in an ice bath. Once cool, chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Optionally, you may add natural food color, if you want a stronger pink color.)
11. Add the strawberry cream mix to the ice-cream maker.
12. Remove it from the ice cream maker and store it in a container in refrigerator.
13. Cover with baking sheet to avoid crystallization.
How to make ice cream without ice cream maker?
14. If you do not have an ice-cream maker, do not despair. Transfer the chilled ice-cream base to a container. Cover it with a baking sheet.(Refer step 10 & 13). Chill it in a freezer for 1 hour. Using a hand blender, blend the ice-cream base. Chill it in the freezer again. Repeat this step once again after on hour.
Serve the ice cream once set.
I just finished my batch yesterday and my heart is asking for more..
Try these interesting recipes.
Eggless strawberry ice cream
- ice cream maker
- or hand blender if you do not have ice-cream maker
- ¾ cup strawberry puree with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup paneer from 1.5 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1.5 cup cream
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
With ice-cream maker
- Mix sugar and strawberries in a bowl,Let it sit 3-4 hrs until the juices come out.
- Cook the berry mix in a pan and reduce it,let it cool
- Blend the strawberry mix along with lemon juice. Keep it aside.
- Mash the paneer or cottage cheese with a spoon
- Mix 2 tablespoon milk and cornflour with paneer and make a slurry. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add milk, cream and glucose syrup.
- Add sugar to the above mix. Let it come to a boil on a slow flame.
- Now, turn off the heat. Add the strawberry mix and cornflour slurry to the pan. Turn on the heat on a low flame. Whisk continuously and let it come to a boil. Turn of the heat.
- Transfer it to a bowl in an ice bath. Once cool, chill it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Optionally, you may add natural food colour, if you want a stronger pink colour.)
- Add the strawberry cream mix to the ice-cream maker. If you do not have an ice cream maker, see step (without ice cream maker)
- Remove it from the ice cream maker when once it has been churned and turned into a soft ice-cream.
- Transfer it to container and cover it with a baking sheet to avoid any crystals. let it set in the freezer(4-6 hours)
Without ice cream maker
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker, transfer the chilled ice-cream base to a container and cover it with a baking sheet. Chill it in a freezer for 1 hour. Using a hand blender,blend the ice-cream base and chill it in the freezer again.Repeat this step once again after on hour.